Some pics from Calgary

April 15, 2008, 3:03 p.m.

Snow melting fast there?

April 15, 2008, 3:42 p.m.

Snow melting fast there?

Gone in the city…for now.
http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/CAAB0049 wtf.

Trails..Don't know. It looked like it was sh1tting snow out there last night, but it's always hard to tell. It's about 60km away. The trail above is on the shady side so it still had anywhere from 8-18" of snow pack on the trail with a good solid layering of ice underneath that. Sunny side trails should be good to go for riding in a couple weeks depending on runoff, etc..

www.mmbts.com

April 24, 2008, 11:43 a.m.

Here are some more randoms from back in the day, just for fun.

These pics are just over a year old…
Wee step down. Has a tranny now about 8-10 feet out.

Start:

To nowhere. Puts you in the corner pretty quick if you send it too fast, but theres a nice berm built up now.

Our first attempt at a teeter. These are about a year and half old. This is the end of the stunt from my first post in this thread. I think there's video of this on Youtube..the vid L.I.E (longest intro ever) has it being ridden from start to finish around 3:04

Teeter. It's a bit ass heavy, but it works pretty good.

After the teeter:

www.mmbts.com

May 5, 2008, 9:53 p.m.

Only a couple pics from this past weekend. We ended up being pilly deficient way too early. We're about 2.5 miles from the vehicles at this point…

How long does everyone else have to walk to get where you're building?

Mah Fiskars. Sharp, but due for a serious workover.

I cant decide which one I like better:

NEW TOYS!

www.mmbts.com

May 6, 2008, 7:25 a.m.

I like your work sir. Looks very nice.

WTF, Over?

May 23, 2008, 9:26 a.m.

Went out last night in the pissing rain and snow. Sorry for the suckassey pics…it was dark and rainy/snowy.

Just experimenting with different connections for making trannys. Need bigger logs and a bigger jump to do what I really want to do.

Line it up:

Penetrate that mofo one time:

Different angle:

Kind of pinner top rail for the tranny, but should do the trick. It just holds the dirt in, really.

Table stringers cut into the top rail [HTML_REMOVED] milled decking for the table. Snow.

Should be a fun little manual table. snow.

Tranny getting filled.

www.mmbts.com

June 18, 2008, 2:14 p.m.

dammit. the photobuckets are broken. lame.

So, a few buddies and I going to be in the Whistler/Van area the week after Crankworks. I think we're going to budget one day for getting our easy-trail-riding-ren-neck-albertan-asses owned on the shore.

I've done one run, ever, down Seymour a couple years ago: CBC-Corkscrew-Pingu-Pangor-Empress. I don't remember any drama, apart from sucking at some of the skinnies and logrides on CBC, and seem to remember it not being difficult riding. LIkely not that helpful, I guess.

I guess I'm looking for suggestions on what to ride…worth pushing (we're fat…and lazy) Fromme to get to Ladies and those trails if you only have one day? Our plan is to drive from Whistler, ride, then drive to Vernon that evening.

www.mmbts.com

June 18, 2008, 2:31 p.m.

Beautiful work. I think we owe it to fellow builders to show you around. How many of you are there? Maybe cypress?

June 18, 2008, 4:20 p.m.

I'd show a builder around for sure.

June 18, 2008, 8:16 p.m.

If you ever fly into the Comox Valley give me a buzz.

June 18, 2008, 10:42 p.m.

PM me when you have your dates and details sorted and I'd be happy to give you a tour.

June 19, 2008, 7:57 a.m.

If you ever fly into the Comox Valley give me a buzz.

hmmmm…I do have a buddy that's a pilot up in Coal Harbour:idea:

Thanks for all the offers, fellas! Obviously, I'll put the same offer on the table, but I'd have a little bit less to choose from as far as DH/FR trails!

I'll post back here when I'm more certain of my schedule.

www.mmbts.com

June 19, 2008, 10:03 a.m.

More.

Start of the skinny. This was a rare occasion that a tree fell in a spot where it was useful. This is the very end of the ravine re-route section that we had started late last fall. The "fast" ride-around section is to the riders right. The skinny sneaks up on people if you don't know it's there, but c'est la vie.

Tight little corner. My F1 makes it with no hopping. Took me a bunch of tries to make it. For some reason, its a tough little skinny.

Corner detail:

More detail:

Looking down. Only 1-1.5 feet high until it gets to the wide part.

Messy. Water running on the left. Bridge in the background waiting to be installed. Its nice and low profile so it'll be smooth running into the wee jump down there.

Looking up.

Messin around:

www.mmbts.com

June 19, 2008, 10:34 a.m.

and more…

This
was an embrarrassment.

"Ride Around".

The tree with all the roots was dead and pushed halfways over when I stopped myself from bailing whilst walking over the roots.

Looking up the skinny. I took 9 stitches to my Tom Sellick stash after eating it into the deck in the foreground. Trail speed for this one is NOT the way.

Fun if you bail off. I think walking the ride-around was more trecherous than the skinny itself.

Beer Tent. Good. The corner in the foreground of this one has since been re-done. No longer 5 times wider than it needs to be, you can ride off it easily and its not all slopey like the old one was.

New ride around. this is where those gnarly roots were. I don't like the retainer logs there, but I lost the majority vote 3-1.

New ride off and support. Good. Sort of had the "stepping stone" idea here for practicing and whatnot. We ran out of gas so we couldnt trim the mid-way decking there, but its done now.

Compare this shot to the linked pinkbike pic above. The deck at the start and finish will both be re-done fairly soon. The skinny ends with a 4-5 foot drop to wood-2x4-ghetto-assed tranny that will be replaced with a cribbed in dirt tranny.

Tis all for now…

www.mmbts.com

July 18, 2008, 9:11 a.m.

Will be driving out to Kamloops tomorrow with the wife.
Ride SunPeaks for 3 days. (Sunday, Monday, Tuesday)
Travel to Vernon on Wednesday. Maybe some local stuff…anyone want to show me Rio? I know where it is, never ridden it, but only have one truck.
Ride Silverstar for 3 days. (Thursday, Friday, Saturday)

Look for me on the blue canfield F1 w/ Totem…the wife has a Spec Demo7 II. Come say hi if you see me, but I'm kind of shy/antisocial so you should bring hot bitches and/or beers as a peace offering. hahaha

pics will follow.

J

www.mmbts.com