Some pics from Calgary

Sept. 24, 2007, 4:10 p.m.

Was out doing some trailwork on Saturday. Project for the day was to re-deck a stunt that had extremely sketchy rungs.

Weapon of choice:

Oh Jeebus how I wish we had cedar around here…

Nail rungs down. It ain't cedar, but it's kinda cool in its own way - sure is grippy.

All of our trees are super twisty…ALL of them. The biggest tree around is maybe 16" in diameter…if those ever fall we try and make them into log-rides as opposed to decking with them. As a result, we're generally left with decking out of half-rounds. This means all the backsides have to be squared up so the rung will sit firmly on the stringers..PITA for real, yo…

Cool little mushroom growth I stumbled upon:

www.mmbts.com

Sept. 24, 2007, 4:30 p.m.

cool pictures

Flickr Vimeo
Media
MotionMTB

Sept. 24, 2007, 4:36 p.m.

Awesome
looks good

Sept. 24, 2007, 4:46 p.m.

sweet pics

Sept. 25, 2007, 7:14 a.m.

Great pics. I need to get out to the local trails more. That looks awesome.

Sept. 25, 2007, 9:11 a.m.

Moose?
Bragg Creek?

Your sig is SOO SICK BRO! Man look at all that crazy shit!!!! BLOOD!!

Sept. 25, 2007, 9:38 a.m.

Moose?

Yes. RoS, to be exact.

www.mmbts.com

Sept. 25, 2007, 9:11 p.m.

cool pictures man, :| how high up is that ladder up? fricken high i bet. :D

Sept. 25, 2007, 9:16 p.m.

nice pics, nice lookin trail

fuck lmm

I like how he casually dropped the "I'm famous" bomb.
LMM, if I ever see you at Whistler, make sure Schne is close by to take a picture of me punching you in the balls.

i dont post anymore unless its a lmm thread
such a tool

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jasonfrodomacfarlane/sets/

Sept. 25, 2007, 9:58 p.m.

cool pictures man, :| how high up is that ladder up? fricken high i bet. :D

It's pretty high, I guess. I think it's probably about 9' at the highest. It's 2-2.5ish' wide at that point…I'll see if I can find some other pics of it…

www.mmbts.com

April 7, 2008, 10:23 a.m.

Some more pics from over the winter:

Our winter project is the re-route of a section of the trail that runs down the bottom of a ravine. Seemed like a good idea at the time! Rookie mistake, I guess. The new line will criss cross the ravine 5 times with small bridges over the water when it flows. The water only flows after about 2 weeks of solid rain or during a very fast melt in the spring.

Basically, just off the now closed old line and after the first "creek" crossing you hang a bit of a left and are faced with this inconsequential jump to what will be a combo berm/tranny. The faster guys will have to suck it up and pump it. This was built just this Saturday with mah new toy: Stihl MS260. Up until this January, every single stunt on the trail had been built without the use of a chainsaw.

We didn't get much done this past Saturday as we had to walk about 3.5km in fresh snow to get here…and we focused on drinking…lots.

You can see the next bridge at the far right under buddy's arm.

Support:

New Toy:

Just messin around:

Getting tricky…we were running out of daylight and beers so this is as far as we got. A bunch of trees were down across the trail further down so we had to take care of those as well.
I want to try doing these without cutting the "cap" off. I guess it makes it harder to nail them in as securely.

This is the next bridge and the second creek crossing. Thread the needle between those two trees, up the ridge a bit, hang a left and youre at the next pic.

Little drop. We'll likely make this a small table-top, dirt tranny, wood table. The bridge below looks deceivingly close in this pic…its about 40 feet away.

Bridge with no home yet. Have to wait until we can dig to really place it proper. After this the trail continues straight for a bit, hangs what will be a fun corner to drift to the right and heads to the next pic.

Our first attempt at a dirt covered bridge…hopefully it works out. Obviously, dirt was hard to come by and we'll have to dig it in to make it right. Thankfully someone aeriated our pail for us and shot off our gnomes hand (laying beside the pail)

After this the trail turns back left and will hook up with the original line with a nice optional log-ride into a little jump.

'tis all.

www.mmbts.com

April 7, 2008, 1:10 p.m.

Thanks for the great inspirational pics and finally some new on-topic posts; the building a bridge thread had become exceeding depressing…

:beer: cheers

Please let me demonstrate the ride around; really it's no trouble.

April 7, 2008, 4:31 p.m.

Great stuff..I'm sure the area's riders appreciate it.

April 15, 2008, 8:18 a.m.

Some more pics from this last weekend:

Tranny. Needs fill. This will get finished once we can dig. Still have to trim some of the tops of the "panelling" off.

Detail. We had some unused split stuff and I ripped some additional boards for the panelling.

Detail of the crosspiece and the stringer connection. Unnecessary? Likely.

Cap on.

Little low level skinny. Main line will ride around to the right of the two trees near the end, the skinny will get a bit wider and bend back into the main line so you can still catch sweet air on that jump in the distance.

www.mmbts.com

April 15, 2008, 9:26 a.m.

It's nice to see others taking a lot of pride in thier work. That's a mighty fine cap! Cool way to link the structure together!