Shuttlers at the TOP of Half Nelson

May 16, 2011, 6:03 p.m.

yeah I think some flat tires would get the message out pretty quick. Its non-destructive, just really inconvenient.

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

May 16, 2011, 8:11 p.m.

i have to side with connor in this one. as it feels a little self righteous to start commanding people to not drive, even if there is a sign. whats the solution for the guys who have been driving that road to collect firewood for 20 years? We just command them to stop driving up there because there is a bike trail now? Sharon, thinking the way we do, and parking our trucks at the bottom does not make us assholes or morons.

I do agree that people pin it up that road, and common sense would be to slow down to a speed which doesn't kick up dust for the people climbing, but common sense isnt that common

May 16, 2011, 10:47 p.m.

I'm getting the picture. The volunteer executive of SORCA (who campaign for trails in the Squamish area) collectively decide that a sign is in order for people to NOT shuttle up that road. It’s for “their” user group, not the log salvagers or other random people that couldn't give a rats' ass about the trails. Then we have people clearly disagreeing with this assessment who presumeably have nothing invested in these trails giving the big middle finger to SORCA.

Maybe you should realize that because SORCA is doing what they are doing, the 5 'next to be logged' blocks in that area don't touch the recognized trails.

Yes, you can drive that road. No, forestry will not put a gate in (they dislike gates). But how about NOT driving up it and giving a nod of support to all the hard working unpaid SORCA execs and trail builders alike.

May 16, 2011, 10:52 p.m.

Too funny! There's also a sign further up the road that reads "No Firewood Collecting"… and not once have I come across someone collecting firewood! I guess people with fireplaces can read good.

May 16, 2011, 11:06 p.m.

thats a good point janitor, that the sign is for our specific user group. I commend the efforts of Sorca, and especially the trail builders and do not personally shuttle half nelson. I was alluding to rash behavior like pooping on windshields and deflating tires not being a solution, due to the other user groups.

Ruben, just because there is a sign, doesn't mean people don't do it. maybe you have not run into anyone collecting firewood up there but I have on numerous occasions.

Aug. 10, 2011, 10:30 p.m.

Too funny! There's also a sign further up the road that reads "No Firewood Collecting"… and not once have I come across someone collecting firewood! I guess people with fireplaces can read good.

I believe the sign is "No collecting firewood without a permit"

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Aug. 10, 2011, 11:37 p.m.

I don't understand the fuss about shuttling HN? People legally are in their right to do so and if they want to spend the gas money rather then exercise is that not a personal decision?

Perhaps some sugar in the gas tank might get the message across…