Seymour - Shorn Scrotum

July 11, 2013, 11:01 p.m.

Info and thoughts…

No opinion on Lee [HTML_REMOVED] Sharon's trail project… like (every?) other trail on the Shore I assumed it was a, voluntary, work in progress - like Greenland.

It definitely makes Severed Dick friendly to a significantly larger user base - with all the extra trail wear-and-tear on Applicator that comes with it. Whether that is a net benefit depends on your perspective (as Jerry clearly outlined).

I guess if Lee [HTML_REMOVED] Sharon decide not to do any more work on this trail it will be up to the ridership (either Fairies or the NSMBA) to take on the work of improving it (and dealing with the additional traffic on Applicator that is causes) or to shut it down and return to the, former, status quo.

Since you asked; I would like to re-iterate my idea that this place would be a lot more civil sans anonimity - in this case, if you actually meant your post as a question, you may have phrased it more civily?

My thought is that if you - and anyone else - is going to call someone out so blatantly you should have the balls to attach your name to it (as Jerry clearly did).

Fair?

-D

Mean People SUCK! Nice People SHOVEL!

Trails For All; Trails For Weather

July 11, 2013, 11:10 p.m.

July 11, 2013, 11:16 p.m.

ahhh trailfairy, certainly didn't take much to get you all pissy. Are you claiming this as your work?

the point i am making is the trail is ass after the SB's, there are other old worn out trails that are in better shape than this one, however this is suppose to be a new trail?! Seems it wasn't finished and abandoned, or if this is the intended conclusion, then thats sad.

Yes it is okay in the bone dry, but it sucks in any other conditions and holds water like a sponge. The trail is worse than it should be and it got a lot worse this spring.

So is this the intended finished state for the trail?

If it was finished it would make for a much better connector, with the work on Severed and the option of multiple exits from C-Buster it is a great for XC loops.

However with the added traffic on lower C-Buster its erosion has been expedited and it is in need of love too. Not that that part of the trail wasn't in need before this connector…

Now i see from where you're whining. You don't like it in the wet? Trailfairy don't give two fucks about how the trail rides in the wet. You want to ride it in the wet and whine go right ahead. Trailfairy just rides in the dry and does trailfairy work when its wet.

And yes you're still edited by Cam - user warned - please keep it cleaner and don't get offended so easily. Doesn't work well on the netz sounds like your ok with that so have a nice life.

Lee Lau

July 12, 2013, 12:27 a.m.

Funny as hell when ppl hide behind keyboards and say things they wouldnt say in person.

diggin

July 12, 2013, 8:01 a.m.

However with the added traffic on lower C-Buster its erosion has been expedited and it is in need of love too. Not that that part of the trail wasn't in need before this connector…

so the bigger question i see here is the 5 W's of how these connector trails were put in; mostly along the lines of was any thought given to increased ridership on sections of that are more prone to erosion? it comes down to looking at the trail network/system and the impact changes will have on it before any work gets done.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

July 12, 2013, 8:04 a.m.

Funny as hell when ppl hide behind keyboards and say things they wouldnt say in person.

cause nsmb.com is all about creditiblity :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

and you are?

formally wernie

July 12, 2013, 8:05 a.m.

you mean posts like this?

http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?p=2739780#post2739780

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

July 12, 2013, 8:53 a.m.

you mean posts like this?

http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?p=2739780#post2739780

he would say that in person

July 12, 2013, 9:30 a.m.

oh look, another north shore trails chest beating CF

July 12, 2013, 9:41 a.m.

this is like a 16 year old complaining about getting a Cavalier from his parents. Sure its not perfect, but its better than nothing right? Where does the entitlement come from? Hmmm, no new PM's for me either…

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

July 12, 2013, 9:45 a.m.

It's not even rainy season.

July 12, 2013, 10:12 a.m.

this thread is a shit show but the bottom of C buster is a complete mess with any kind of moisture because of said trail.

The bottom of C-buster for the past 12 years has been a boggy mess in any kind of moisture. Dont maeke up things if you dont know what your talking about.

formally wernie

July 12, 2013, 10:29 a.m.

Read the original post, I did not call anyone out by name and the criticism towards the trail I think is legit.

I feel:
- the trail was not completed, just punched through after the SB's
- majority of the trail was not well built
- has sat in current state for a couple of years
- original builders are doing other things (by his own admission)
- the trail has caused lower C-Buster to get worn out and rutted (it was in poor shape already and in need of work, but it has gotten nuked in the last year)

If you disagree with my position, have a constructive response, defend the trail if you feel it is wonderful, it doesn't make sense to call me names?!

Yes, praise for people putting shovels in the ground, but not for people who slash through a poor trail and leave it.

The potential is there for a great XC loop, but the trail needs to be finished OR possible rerouted a bit, as the selected line does not drain well for most of the year, if you only ride the trail in the dry to avoid the moisture that this trail holds then you would start your riding on this trail in July and end in Oct. IT DOES NOT DRAIN.

In its current state, if you ride the trail and when you get to Applicator and you think to yourself, "wow that was fun", then we see riding differently. And no I am not all for ribbons of gold, I enjoy technical old school lines, like C-Buster, not chunder like most of Severed.

And yes I would say this to anyone in person, I am opinionated online and offline…

July 12, 2013, 10:37 a.m.

No matter what sport or where you are, there is always a certain percentage of douches. We just happen to have so many riders here vs. most other riding locales in BC, that our volume of douches is that much greater.

The big city also tends to provide additional anonymity. Just like how drivers in every small town in BC I have visited are generally a lot more courteous and patient than those in Vancouver.

July 12, 2013, 10:46 a.m.

Read the original post, I did not call anyone out by name and the criticism towards the trail I think is legit.

I feel:
- the trail was not completed, just punched through after the SB's
- majority of the trail was not well built
- has sat in current state for a couple of years
- original builders are doing other things (by his own admission)
- the trail has caused lower C-Buster to get worn out and rutted (it was in poor shape already and in need of work, but it has gotten nuked in the last year)

If you disagree with my position, have a constructive response, defend the trail if you feel it is wonderful, it doesn't make sense to call me names?!

Yes, praise for people putting shovels in the ground, but not for people who slash through a poor trail and leave it.

The potential is there for a great XC loop, but the trail needs to be finished OR possible rerouted a bit, as the selected line does not drain well for most of the year, if you only ride the trail in the dry to avoid the moisture that this trail holds then you would start your riding on this trail in July and end in Oct. IT DOES NOT DRAIN.

In its current state, if you ride the trail and when you get to Applicator and you think to yourself, "wow that was fun", then we see riding differently. And no I am not all for ribbons of gold, I enjoy technical old school lines, like C-Buster, not chunder like most of Severed.

And yes I would say this to anyone in person, I am opinionated online and offline…

In answer to your concerns:

Bryce is waiting for your PM.

Don't post rudely and be annoyed when people respond rudely.

Bryce is waiting.

Yes, some trails are only ready to ride in July while others are ready earlier. If you can't ski and don't build and you care about riding responsibly you stay off the wet trails until they're dry and ride armoured trails in the winter. Water running down a trail is a concern, but standing water is not.

Perhaps you could try to see this line a 'technical challenge' rather than 'a chundery mess'. The two terms really mean the same thing.

So if you're willing to say these things in person, why use an alias?

welcome to the bottom of my post.