Seymour - Shorn Scrotum

July 11, 2013, 1:59 p.m.

Questions about the trail Shorn Scrotum on Seymour.

If I remember correctly the trail was put in for BikeFest to link up the Enduro coarse?

Yes/No?

I was told who put it in, but will elect not to throw their names out there, in case it may be wrong.

I bring this up, as I rode Severed recently (great work on the top section) and decided to use this link and was shocked at how awful this line is. Seems like there was very little thought in selecting the line, more of a B-Line to get to C-Buster. Add on the fact that the trail was never completed and now sits as an embarrassing mess, with the apparent lack of desire by the original builder to finish up what they started.

Info and thoughts…

July 11, 2013, 2:32 p.m.

Shorn Scrotum takes out the best parts of Severed and C Buster. Not sure why it was built in the first place.

:canada:

July 11, 2013, 2:57 p.m.

Shorn Scrotum takes out the best parts of Severed and C Buster. Not sure why it was built in the first place.

Classic. Just goes to show you how different folks see trails. Most of the people I ride with avoided Severed/C-Buster because of the steep bits (I imagine those are the "best parts" to you Jerry!). Shorn kind of re-opened the zone to the folks with a slightly more XC orientation and yes, a lower skill level. Also allows you to exit onto the Bridle West of Salamander which I like for my loops (I'd rather do Old Buck/Severed/Shorn than ride Bridle all the way Westbound if I'm tired).

Personally I liked Shorn when it went in but it got pretty boggy over the winter and I would guess that's due to some alignment issues.

July 11, 2013, 3:01 p.m.

Knew jerry wouldn't like it because its not a fall-line shitshow

If I remember correctly the trail was put in for BikeFest to link up the Enduro coarse?

Yes/No?

I was told who put it in, but will elect not to throw their names out there, in case it may be wrong.

I bring this up, as I rode Severed recently (great work on the top section) and decided to use this link and was shocked at how awful this line is. Seems like there was very little thought in selecting the line, more of a B-Line to get to C-Buster. Add on the fact that the trail was never completed and now sits as an embarrassing mess, with the apparent lack of desire by the original builder to finish up what they started.

Info and thoughts…

Spill the names. You seem like a rude cunt. Might as well continue being a rude cunt

Did someone steal the fairy's tools? They're waiting there for more work to be done on it? In what way is the trail an embarrassing mess?

Please go all the way

Lee Lau

July 11, 2013, 3:06 p.m.

I loved the Shorn line when it was put in, and IMO it has a reasonably sustainable line (you can (could) pump it all the way to C Buster). It went in just before the Enduro but I think it was more coincidence than dependence, not sure. Unfortunately it's been a victim of its own success; the high traffic down there has taken its toll and also destroyed lower C Buster and is doing the same to Applicator :( All those trails need some love (my hands are full

as I rode Severed recently (great work on the top section)

) :-/

Sustainable will be around forever.

July 11, 2013, 3:11 p.m.

Some trailfairies had been planning to work on all above mentioned trails if no-one steals the tools. But if TRD has great ideas please go for it.

Lee Lau

July 11, 2013, 3:22 p.m.

Some trailfairies had been planning to work on all above mentioned trails if no-one steals the tools. But if TRD has great ideas please go for it.

Awesome. Once the top of Severed is finished it'll be a go-to loop for sure! :coo:

Sustainable will be around forever.

July 11, 2013, 3:32 p.m.

What questions are you asking exactly?

July 11, 2013, 3:42 p.m.

Its running great right now, sure it boggy when it rains, but what trail isn't? and who rides in the rain anyway?

great work on the top of severed to by the way. just need to fix the climb to gnomer and we'll have a few really nice lower seymour xc options.

formally wernie

July 11, 2013, 4 p.m.

great work on the top of severed to by the way.

This.

Now everyone stop talking about it. Send the hordes to CBC/Neds.

July 11, 2013, 4:05 p.m.

…or it links the best parts C Buster and Severed via a short climb! Hmmm, I never thought about doing that loop, but now feel as though I must.

July 11, 2013, 5:22 p.m.

…or it links the best parts C Buster and Severed via a short climb! Hmmm, I never thought about doing that loop, but now feel as though I must.

that'll be a first for sure

its getting worn because people ride it (mostly in the way Reverend mentions). People ride it because they like it.

If you don't like it, you don't have to ride it. If you do like it and wish the boggy parts were better, I'm sure it would be pretty easy to get the OK to do some groundwork. PM me and I'll look into it.

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

July 11, 2013, 9:19 p.m.

ahhh trailfairy, certainly didn't take much to get you all pissy. Are you claiming this as your work?

the point i am making is the trail is ass after the SB's, there are other old worn out trails that are in better shape than this one, however this is suppose to be a new trail?! Seems it wasn't finished and abandoned, or if this is the intended conclusion, then thats sad.

Yes it is okay in the bone dry, but it sucks in any other conditions and holds water like a sponge. The trail is worse than it should be and it got a lot worse this spring.

So is this the intended finished state for the trail?

If it was finished it would make for a much better connector, with the work on Severed and the option of multiple exits from C-Buster it is a great for XC loops.

However with the added traffic on lower C-Buster its erosion has been expedited and it is in need of love too. Not that that part of the trail wasn't in need before this connector…

July 11, 2013, 10:03 p.m.

Shorn connects severed to applicator. Applicator is old. Maybe that's what TRD is referring to as being crappy. I think it runs fine. I like it a lot better than the crux section of severed and all of c buster.

The new stuff on Seymour is pretty exciting.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

July 11, 2013, 10:25 p.m.

Knew jerry wouldn't like it because its not a fall-line shitshow

this thread is a shit show but the bottom of C buster is a complete mess with any kind of moisture because of said trail.

:canada: