RIP - Natural High

Feb. 13, 2015, 12:24 p.m.

Will they have a handicapped spot for those with e-bikes?

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

Feb. 13, 2015, 1:41 p.m.

Can't wait to shuttle KOTS, what's left of natural high, immonator and the MV park. Fuck yeah, eat exhaust frogs…Rollin coaaaaaaaaaaal yeehaw

Feb. 13, 2015, 1:47 p.m.

Will they have a handicapped spot for those with e-bikes?

yes; they'll have designated e-bike parking spots with charging stations.

Feb. 13, 2015, 4:55 p.m.

Can't wait to shuttle KOTS, what's left of natural high, immonator and the MV park. Fuck yeah, eat exhaust frogs…Rollin coaaaaaaaaaaal yeehaw

hell ya, the soccer milfs have been doing it for years

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Feb. 16, 2015, 1:44 a.m.

The downsides are obvious, but I feel the upsides outweigh them. Besides solving the issues with the residents (riders changing, noise, parking lot beers), a parking lot legitimizes the trails more so than they already are. Seems to me the majority of users are mountain bikers, and I see the parking lot more as our space, as we will be the primary users. Metro van/North van are not ignoring us, this is as an investment in future infrastructure for mountain bikers.

As mentioned, the Baden Powell to mountain highway corridor will become too busy. I think there should be a rolling contour downhill only trail built from near the entrance to skull all the way to mountain highway.

And while we're at it, when's the water fountain going to be fixed?

Feb. 16, 2015, 2:17 a.m.

The downsides are obvious, but I feel the upsides outweigh them.

Dogging. I hear you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_sex

It pisses me off that I spend all this money on home ownership in Upper Lynn Valley, and still I have to drive all the way to Surrey for a wee bit of car park voyeurism every Friday night.

Feb. 16, 2015, 10:02 a.m.

The downsides are obvious, but I feel the upsides outweigh them. Besides solving the issues with the residents (riders changing, noise, parking lot beers), a parking lot legitimizes the trails more so than they already are. Seems to me the majority of users are mountain bikers, and I see the parking lot more as our space, as we will be the primary users. Metro van/North van are not ignoring us, this is as an investment in future infrastructure for mountain bikers.

As mentioned, the Baden Powell to mountain highway corridor will become too busy. I think there should be a rolling contour downhill only trail built from near the entrance to skull all the way to mountain highway.

And while we're at it, when's the water fountain going to be fixed?

Is there a reason why the Dempsey trail couldn't be extended east past Lower Skull all the way to the yellow gate? Most people don't like riding east on the BP and having another option for getting back to Mountain Highway would help spread out the traffic.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

Feb. 16, 2015, 10:50 a.m.

Not once the climbing trail to 6th switchback from the bottom of Pennzoil is finished. There is also a plan for a second parking lot on Breamar at the bottom of Pennzoil. So, those wanting to ride Pipleine, Espresso, Executioner can park at the bottom of Pennziol, climb, then straight back to their cars. Will take pressure off of Mtn Hwy.

I don't "know" that, I'm just assuming that from the DNV presentation on the Mtn Hwy parking lot, and their "next steps" slide that showed the lot at the bottom of Pennzoil.

Feb. 16, 2015, 10:54 a.m.

Is there a reason why the Dempsey trail couldn't be extended east past Lower Skull all the way to the yellow gate? Most people don't like riding east on the BP and having another option for getting back to Mountain Highway would help spread out the traffic.

I am guess, but I do not know for sure, but that trail may cut through private property.

http://www.geoweb.dnv.org/properties/#!?ltopid=014-941-783[HTML_REMOVED]dblink=139-1239

The lots west of Mtn Hwy behind the current homes, some of their ownership is listed as 'corporate', including one that Skull cuts through. Others are 'DNV owned'.

I would guess that building trails through private lands creates all sorts of issues.

Feb. 16, 2015, 11:06 a.m.

The zone from the end of the Dempsey Connector/Skull over to where Lower Ladies flattens out and follows the contour line is very steep with rocky cliffs. It would take considerable amount of work to bench cut crib and re-enforce. This would be an expensive section of trail to build.

Feb. 16, 2015, 1:09 p.m.

The zone from the end of the Dempsey Connector/Skull over to where Lower Ladies flattens out and follows the contour line is very steep with rocky cliffs. It would take considerable amount of work to bench cut crib and re-enforce. This would be an expensive section of trail to build.

That makes sense. The same cliff band that makes Lower Ladies so much fun. I've never actually tried to connect the plateau of the Dempsey with the yellow gate. On paper it seems feasible but yeah those cliffs are an issue. When there's better climbing access to the 6th from Pennzoil I bet the BP will see a significant reduction in traffic.

Feb. 16, 2015, 1:17 p.m.

Yes I hiked it looking at the potential for future connector. It's possible, but it would be a lot more work per meter of trail vs building on less slope.

I've also gone and hiked looking at options to link the 2nd switchback to just west of Pipeline. With the new parking lot I think many people would utilize something there. Brings you out above Bobsled then downhill back to parking.

Feb. 16, 2015, 2:45 p.m.

Yes I hiked it looking at the potential for future connector. It's possible, but it would be a lot more work per meter of trail vs building on less slope.

I've also gone and hiked looking at options to link the 2nd switchback to just west of Pipeline. With the new parking lot I think many people would utilize something there. Brings you out above Bobsled then downhill back to parking.

I've often thought of a climbing connector up from the high-ish point of the BP to the 2nd.

It definitely would add some potential for a finish on Bobsled or Floppy, or those pedaling up along the BP from the west would not have to lose elevation, only to gain it again on Mtn Hwy

Feb. 26, 2015, 9:24 a.m.

What about the possibility of building a trail from the Baden Powell where Ladies exits (not The Big Stupid but the original Ladies line that comes out on the BP just before Lower Ladies) to the 2nd switch back? It could snake just under Van Tan to the 2nd although I'm not sure what the terrain is like. This way People coming from that direction to the parking lot could finish up with a Bobsled or Floppy Bunny and avoid the last section of the BP.

Feb. 26, 2015, 9:32 a.m.

What about the possibility of building a trail from the Baden Powell where Ladies exits (not The Big Stupid but the original Ladies line that comes out on the BP just before Lower Ladies) to the 2nd switch back? It could snake just under Van Tan to the 2nd although I'm not sure what the terrain is like. This way People coming from that direction to the parking lot could finish up with a Bobsled or Floppy Bunny and avoid the last section of the BP.

That would be amazing.