RIP - Natural High

Feb. 12, 2015, 8:20 a.m.

Not much different than Old Buck parking that's been there for 14+ years without issue.

Completely different, IMO. Mt Seymour Rd doesn’t have residents in close proximity and it’s built to handle a ton of traffic. Old buck also has adjacent “overflow” parking on Anne McDonald. I’d be shocked if a lot built for 50-75 cars doesn’t fill up with ease on any given weekend. What happens when you get to Fromme and the lot is full? Turn your ass around and head back down. I really feel sorry for the residents who live along Mt Hwy. I expect that the increase in traffic is going to be ugly.

Feb. 12, 2015, 9:06 a.m.

Completely different, IMO. Mt Seymour Rd doesn’t have residents in close proximity and it’s built to handle a ton of traffic. Old buck also has adjacent “overflow” parking on Anne McDonald. I’d be shocked if a lot built for 50-75 cars doesn’t fill up with ease on any given weekend. What happens when you get to Fromme and the lot is full? Turn your ass around and head back down. I really feel sorry for the residents who live along Mt Hwy. I expect that the increase in traffic is going to be ugly.

How is Mtn Hwy not built for a lot of traffic? Coming from the England / Wales border I despair at the issues Canadians have with roads. Mtn Hwy is MASSIVE! Compare it to a road in Wales:

If people can't drive up and down Mtn Hwy with ease they want shooting. As for driving to the top and driving down again, well…..they'd have to do that anyway! How else would they park in the new car park?

treezz
wow you are a ass

Feb. 12, 2015, 10:18 a.m.

How is Mtn Hwy not built for a lot of traffic? Coming from the England / Wales border I despair at the issues Canadians have with roads. Mtn Hwy is MASSIVE! Compare it to a road in Wales:

Surely you jest? That picture is meant as a comparison to what? Having used the dirt roads leading up to the Atlas Mountains in Morrocco, I despair at the issues [fill in nationality] have with roads.

Getting back to the comparison that was being made. Do you think Mt Seymour Rd was built for the same amount of traffic as upper Mt Hwy? One of them supports a ski hill; the other doesn’t have a yellow separator and is littered with houses built close to the road.

If people can't drive up and down Mtn Hwy with ease they want shooting. As for driving to the top and driving down again, well…..they'd have to do that anyway! How else would they park in the new car park?

:???:

Feb. 12, 2015, 11:56 a.m.

Traffic increases wherever there is a public facility. Try living next to a school or a sports field.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Feb. 12, 2015, 12:13 p.m.

Traffic increases wherever there is a public facility. Try living next to a school or a sports field.

Would the top of upper Mt Hwy be a good place for a school or sports field?

Feb. 12, 2015, 12:27 p.m.

I hadn't thought of it that way. We should move Fromme to Surrey. Loads of parking there.

treezz
wow you are a ass

Feb. 12, 2015, 12:47 p.m.

I hadn't thought of it that way. We should move Fromme to Surrey. Loads of parking there.

Right, because that's what's needed - MORE parking!

Feb. 12, 2015, 1:37 p.m.

To of Capilano is, so sure.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Feb. 12, 2015, 3:28 p.m.

I'm really confused as to your point, so perhaps I am missing something, but there is a school just a block down Coleman, which is where the parking starts right now.

Feb. 12, 2015, 3:42 p.m.

I'm really confused as to your point, so perhaps I am missing something, but there is a school just a block down Coleman, which is where the parking starts right now.

i was as well but i believe his point with that post goes back to his original assertions that the section of mtn highway abover mcnair is not well suited to higher volumes of traffic because it's narrow and has no lines. there are also a number of driveways there as well.

the comparison with the school was whether it would make sense to put a school or sports field at the end of a narrow street that offers poor access.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Feb. 12, 2015, 6:28 p.m.

The residents can put out one of those "kids playing - slow down" signs. They can probably find them where they sell "baby on board" signs.

- Josiah Stamp

- H.G. Wells

Feb. 12, 2015, 7:02 p.m.

I don't know….. Is the top of Lynn Valley Road any better? Oh, wait…..

Saw the lot on a ride last night. It's big. I'm not against it though, because EVERY OTHER POPULAR RIDING AREA HAS ONE and it will keep people out of nimFy'er front yards. As long as no one gets clipped coming out of Bobsled, we're all good

Not terribly pumped about losing that much of NH though…. It is a sacrifice that may be needed though… I talked to some of the people out in Abby on the weekend who said that getting the parking at Sumas cut back on complaints around there

Feb. 13, 2015, 6:30 a.m.

When I come down for a visit,I'm parking my camper in this new lot.

Eff yeah!!

Pastor of Muppets

Feb. 13, 2015, 9:40 a.m.

you can see it if you download the PDF
http://www.dnv.org/upload/pcdocsdocuments/2761m01_.pdf

Looks good.

lol@ artist rendering showing a no-helmeted hipster narrow-bar fixie. (page 5)

Feb. 13, 2015, 10:46 a.m.

Looks good.

lol@ artist rendering showing a no-helmeted hipster narrow-bar fixie. (page 5)

Yes, and look at the crappy parking job of the little white car in the bottom right of the lot. Angle parked across two spaces so that no one will scratch the precious car.

I'm heading up to the lot right now to leave a nasty note on the windshield of that car. Likely one of those hiker types with poles.