RIP - Natural High

Feb. 10, 2015, 7:59 p.m.

Pave paradise…

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

Feb. 10, 2015, 8:36 p.m.

Pave paradise…

Funny how so much blather is spent by local politicians and developers about how wonderful "our backyard" is, and then they can steamroll this 1500m2 abomination through with just a few complaints. It's all bullshit, the idea of a nature loving outdoor community to sell to potential investors, and the PR open house and feedback forms.

I hate to say it, but most people in North Van or Lynn Valley for that matter don't give a shit about losing a decent sized area of forest for a parking lot, or the possible issues that will come with it. Most of the bikers don't either. This is North Vancouver North American car is king suburbia. What's on TV? Was Kanye outrageous again?

Feb. 10, 2015, 9:37 p.m.

A parking lot? Replaced with a parking lot. All those trees getting chopped down. Monika must be out raged!
Wait a minute. I rarely ride sanctioned trails. Im tired of being disapointed. Did the proud members of the NSMBA trail building academy dismantle the wood work. Thats what they are trained to do. :fruit::fruit::fruit::fruit::fruit:
How long till my comment gets erased?

Ok,that's kinda funny.

Pastor of Muppets

Feb. 10, 2015, 10 p.m.

Are people still banging on about this? Everywhere from Lonsdale Quay up was forest not long ago…..People are beginning to sound as bad as MC. Think of the frogs!

treezz
wow you are a ass

Feb. 10, 2015, 10:20 p.m.

Are people still banging on about this? Everywhere from Lonsdale Quay up was forest not long ago…..People are beginning to sound as bad as MC. Think of the frogs!

You keep banging on about the banging onners Walleater, I'll keep banging on regardless.

Feb. 10, 2015, 10:31 p.m.

I am a Lynn Valley resident and no, I don't particularly give a shit about loosing the small number of trees being cut down for the parking lot. I do think the whole parking lot idea is misguided and will cause more problems than it solves, and I am sad about loosing part of natural high though.

Feb. 11, 2015, 12:28 a.m.

I'm curious about the plan for the lower gate, is it going to be locked at dark? That will mean I can't use the lot if there is the potential I get hurt and don't make it back to my car in time. The gate times seem very arbitrary as they are.

But, if they don't lock the gate I bet we start seeing a whole lot of assholes dumping construction waste at the parking lot.

Kind of a no win.

Feb. 11, 2015, 5:17 a.m.

No shit. This area has been tagged as the likely area for a parking lot for 10 years….and now we're butthurt?

I feel for the guys and gals that put countless hours into this trail,but anyone who knows anyone can tell you that this area would eventually be developed.

Just be happy its not houses instead…it very well could have been.

Pastor of Muppets

Feb. 11, 2015, 9:38 a.m.

Positive note your ride starts now with no mountain hwy climb :)

Faster for squeezing in rides after work before it gets dark and probably will lead to more trail work as more people will likely be riding there .

Feb. 11, 2015, 10:30 a.m.

Talked to a few users (Fromme, not NSMB :devil:) this weekend about it: the consensus was that it's good thing. Better for staging events and enjoying trail access with friends and family.

Feb. 11, 2015, 11:59 a.m.

Paving over a couple acres isn't a big deal to local residents, but a trail that redirects some water flow and lightly damages tree roots is an abomination.

Feb. 11, 2015, 12:46 p.m.

I hope they're still putting in a parallel gravel trail from the first gate to the lot

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Feb. 11, 2015, 2:22 p.m.

I hope they're still putting in a parallel gravel trail from the first gate to the lot

The access trail from the gate to the parking lot parallel the road is still on their plans, you can see it if you download the PDF. I hope this also is implemented, it will help a lot.

http://www.dnv.org/upload/pcdocsdocuments/2761m01_.pdf (page 3)

Canada Kicks Ass | Trailforks.com

Feb. 11, 2015, 10:09 p.m.

Well I guess my strabone KOM will live through out eternity! RIP natural high! Here's hope that this will have a positive impact on our beloved mountain!!

Feb. 11, 2015, 10:43 p.m.

Not much different than Old Buck parking that's been there for 14+ years without issue.