RIP - Natural High

Feb. 7, 2015, 6:21 p.m.

Nope, you didn't miss it.

Okay….so do you think that going along and talking to District representatives would have changed their mind about what they had planned for Fromme? And that taking the time to fill in the feedback form they offered was a waste of time?

And back to the original point, do you still think this is not the appropriate place to discuss what is currently underway?

Feb. 7, 2015, 6:21 p.m.

Here's an overview with a few of the before shots:
http://nsmba.ca/structures/naturalhigh/naturalhigh.htm

Feb. 7, 2015, 6:52 p.m.

I'll also ask around about the sign.

see your gmail

Feb. 7, 2015, 6:57 p.m.

Okay….

All I'm saying is that if one wants to have an effect on how local government acts, one must respond via the methods the government put forth (i.e. go to the DNV meetings and fill in their forms).

Discussion here is fine, but don't expect it to have any effect on the outcome.

Feb. 7, 2015, 6:59 p.m.

All I'm saying is that if one wants to have an effect on how local government acts, one must respond via the methods the government put forth (i.e. go to the DNV meetings and fill in their forms).

Discussion here is fine, but don't expect it to have any effect on the outcome.

I feel the same way. I did both.

Edit. I went to meetings, filled in a form, and discussed it here last year. It all seemed like a forgone conclusion though.

Feb. 7, 2015, 9:57 p.m.

I'll also ask around about the sign.

Thanks Matt, it would be nice to be able to put it back up wherever the remainder of the trail starts. Glad to hear the long bridge remains intact.

Thanks for digging out that article, I'd forgot about it.

Please let me demonstrate the ride around; really it's no trouble.

Feb. 8, 2015, 8:04 a.m.

So if its just the start of the trail thats toast can a new line be cut in to join in with the remainder? Or is the car park going to run along the whole section of mountain highway to the water towers?

Feb. 8, 2015, 1:56 p.m.

Yep, the lot is going to go from the ticket stand at the yellow gate all the way to the gift shop opposite the water towers.

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

Feb. 8, 2015, 2:04 p.m.

Please exit via the gift shop. Lol.

At least there are a thousand more square kilometres on the north shore.

Feb. 9, 2015, 12:08 p.m.

As has been pointed out here, its obviously too late to do anything about the parking lot.

So on to the next issue: Does anyone have any information about the District's apparent plan to clear out a fire break across the front of Fromme? They did some clearing in the last few years, including around Floppy Bunny and above the 2nd switch back (if memory is correct). If they are going to clear across the front of the mountain, they will be working around almost all of the lower trails (below BP).

The rumour I heard is that they are going to be doing this work and that there are plans for how they are going to deal with the lower trails, which includes more destruction of stunts.

We can't effectively get involved in the decision making process unless we know what's coming. Getting involved after the decision has been made is a waste of time.

Anyone have any info???

Feb. 9, 2015, 12:33 p.m.

Hopefully someone will reroute/rebuild the entrance to Natural high, those features were really unique and challenging! And correct me if I'm wrong NH is 25 years old? Sad to see that section go.

He's a couple pics from the night before it was all torn down.

Feb. 9, 2015, 2:02 p.m.

Anyone have any info???

http://www.dnv.org/search.asp?cx=008361268811271094675%3Ab5brve-ahdw[HTML_REMOVED]cof=FORID%3A10[HTML_REMOVED]ie=UTF-8[HTML_REMOVED]q=firesmart[HTML_REMOVED]sa=Search[HTML_REMOVED]siteurl=www.dnv.org%2F[HTML_REMOVED]ref=[HTML_REMOVED]ss=1568j458752j9

do some digging

Feb. 9, 2015, 4:58 p.m.

They did some clearing in the last few years, including around Floppy Bunny and above the 2nd switch back (if memory is correct). If they are going to clear across the front of the mountain, they will be working around almost all of the lower trails (below BP).

I was under the impression that this clearing was to make space for the spruce trees to grow by clearing out the fast growing garbage trees.

Feb. 9, 2015, 9:42 p.m.

And correct me if I'm wrong NH is 25 years old? Sad to see that section go.

Thanks for those pics and glad to see folks having fun on them.

The trail was originally built by a couple of local Upper Lynn teenagers in 1998 and got abandoned soon after it was built. It was pretty much derelict and unsafe to ride by the early 2000's until it was rebuilt between 2006 and 2008, with some bits and pieces being completed in 2011 and as recently as 2013.

This is the current condition of the trail at the top end, just above the Teeter. Not my photo, I can't bear to go look yet.

Please let me demonstrate the ride around; really it's no trouble.

Feb. 10, 2015, 4:43 p.m.

Wow. That is a real bummer… Like others said, that trail was an awesome way to put a cherry on top of every Fromme ride before heading back to the car. :crybaby:

My contribution to trail memories: a self filmed video I made on NH four years ago (back when people rode Fromme with big bikes with full faces gasp).

https://vimeo.com/13727728