RIP - Natural High

Feb. 6, 2015, 6 p.m.

Anyone have any pictures of what was done to the entrance?

Feb. 6, 2015, 7:36 p.m.

Sigh…

There is a lot of history and great photos here (88 pages), if want to take a look….
http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=73020[HTML_REMOVED]highlight=Natural+High+Maintenance

I knew it was going to happen, it's been on the cards for a while now…

The number of hours of back breaking work …

Rob, do you know if that first section we worked on, the slight corkscrew rock roll also went? Must be almost 9 years ago?

I'm not sure I can go up and look…

Did you check with Graham, maybe they saved the sign?

Please let me demonstrate the ride around; really it's no trouble.

Feb. 6, 2015, 9:22 p.m.

Here is a little vid in the thread history in the forum listed above

Talk less, Say More.

Feb. 7, 2015, 1:38 p.m.

Another top 10 ten North Shore classic done! Such a wicked trail that packed some much in a short section.
Start with the short flat drop, then a skinny to a really cool bridge climb, fast drop to mini air. The best and one of the
most iconic sections is the climb up to the huge boulder. Absolute, North Shore master piece. Then some excellent skinnies to work on your balance.

This type of work is what made the North shore, an amazing way to progress your riding. Perfect for the kids, since you don't have to climb too high to get the goods. I used go up and down this trail practising, such a rush and so much fun for my development as a mountain biker.

These are the type of trails we need to preserve, the essence of North Shore mountain biking.

Who built this trail by the way, mad props!

Feb. 7, 2015, 2:11 p.m.

sad to see it go, loved that trail at the end of a ride.

Feb. 7, 2015, 3:09 p.m.

A parking lot? Replaced with a parking lot. All those trees getting chopped down. Monika must be out raged!
Wait a minute. I rarely ride sanctioned trails. Im tired of being disapointed. Did the proud members of the NSMBA trail building academy dismantle the wood work. Thats what they are trained to do. :fruit::fruit::fruit::fruit::fruit:
How long till my comment gets erased?

common sense…..Whats common about sense?!

Feb. 7, 2015, 5:18 p.m.

There is nothing wrong with identifying concerns and suggesting solutions before they happen.

!

The effective date and place for that was May 20, 2014 at the Fromme parking open house put on by your local government. Not here or now.

Feb. 7, 2015, 5:31 p.m.

Maybe I am missing something here.

Am I wrong in my understanding that ~95% of the trail is still there and just the beginning of the trail is being taken out for this parking lot?

Sad to see the log ride and teeter go, but really not the end of the world that it is being made out to be in this thread.

Unless, for some crazy reason the entire trail will be closed?? Then as you were…

Feb. 7, 2015, 5:40 p.m.

The correct date and place for that was May 20, 2014 at the Fromme parking open house put on by your local government. Not here or now.

Can I assume then that you consider the discussion of North Shore mountain biking related concerns, by North Shore mountain bikers, on a website called North Shore Mountain Biking, in a subsection named The Shore, to be an incorrect place for this discussion?

Admittedly it is a bit late now for anything to be done to change the plans for the parking lot and I accept that, but some of us did present concerns to the DNV earlier last year when they hosted a feedback form on the District's website. I don't see anything wrong with discussing what's going on now though, and here seems as good a place as any.

Feb. 7, 2015, 5:54 p.m.

Edited… As I agree with your statement

Admittedly it is a bit late now for anything to be done to change the plans for the parking lot and I accept that,

Feb. 7, 2015, 6:07 p.m.

Edited… As I agree with your statement

Damn! I missed your original statement!

Been going through this

http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=73020[HTML_REMOVED]highlight=Natural+High+Maintenance[HTML_REMOVED]page=3

Feb. 7, 2015, 6:08 p.m.

The effective date and place for that was May 20, 2014 at the Fromme parking open house put on by your local government. Not here or now.

Nope, you didn't miss it.

Feb. 7, 2015, 6:09 p.m.

The swivel teeter is still there. I'll head up tomorrow to see if I can pull it out. Everything above the swivel teeter will be part of the parking lot. No changes to the new bridge after the teeter and everything below.

Feb. 7, 2015, 6:11 p.m.

Been going through this

http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=73020[HTML_REMOVED]highlight=Natural+High+Maintenance[HTML_REMOVED]page=3

Good times were had!

Feb. 7, 2015, 6:12 p.m.

I'll also ask around about the sign.