RFP to build the Legacy trail extension - Squamish

Oct. 23, 2015, 9 p.m.

http://www.sorca.ca/diamond-head-trail-project-and-rfp/

"Diamond Head Trail Project and RFP

Just when you thought Stl’lhalem Sintl’ (aka The Climbing Trail) couldn’t get any longer, we’re doubling down (or up)! The District of Squamish has awarded SORCA a $20,000 grant from the Olympics Legacy Fund to go towards extending the Climbing Trail. SORCA wants to go all-in and get the trail all the way to the top of Upper PowerSmart which will require a few more Loonies. Luckily we have some amazing corporate sponsors coming onboard and a piggy bank full of Trail Pass dollars to help get us there. The climbing trail will go from 6km to around 12km of lung busting, thigh burning fun!

Now for the best bit – what goes up must come down, right? Part 2 of the plan involves a complete rebuild/replacement of Upper PowerSmart and Skookum into one long fast and flowy blue trail all the way down to George’s Crossing/Pseudotsuga area. The new trail will be a mixture of classic hand built single track and buttery smooth machine built awesomeness. Skookum is slated to be logged soon and Upper PowerSmart is long overdue for a makeover so this is going to be an amazing addition to the Squamish trail network.

There’s only one problem – we don’t have all the cash for Part 2 yet! That’s where you come in. We’re going to be fundraising like crazy next year to get this new trail built and we’re going to need your help. Stay tuned for more details!

If you’re a trail builder, we want to talk to you! Checkout the RFP and Map and get in touch with Roland Benesocky ([email protected]).

We’re also looking for a few more corporate sponsors to get involved. Get in contact with Todd Monge ([email protected]) for details."

"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture"

Oct. 23, 2015, 10:30 p.m.

That is friggin awesome. I really like the Legacy Climb.

Oct. 26, 2015, 11:52 a.m.

That is friggin awesome. I really like the Legacy Climb.

Same, it's awesome bottom all the way to Angry Midget. Awesome to hear it's going all the way to Powersmart and that PS is getting a refresh. SORCA kicks ass and I'm glad to support 'em from here in Vancouver.