Raising money for trail days?

March 28, 2007, 9:14 p.m.

5 buck shuttles up seymour ? Id definatly do it

March 28, 2007, 9:50 p.m.

why not?

we get people that come out to a trail day, spend the day working and donate cash or cheque.

Online donations are so much easier though, since they make it direct into the bank account automatically, and you get a reciept right away. It really save us a lot of work when you donate online. Thanks!

Certainly both would work but the online donation was what I was suggesting. I don't know your current plans to raise funds and awareness (and I know very little about trail days) but I just wonder if anything else would be appropriate to get more people involved. What would you assume is the avg. trail day participation rate? 75-100 people? Compare this to the avg. number of riders who access a trail on a given month or even year?? If each of those riders _who were not able to attend _a trail day gave just a bit of $$- that could help in a lot of ways. The "trail day" is simply a push to remind the user that their support is needed in any way possible. I know it would work for me.

March 28, 2007, 10:04 p.m.

well you reminded me to make my yearly donation, so you are doing pretty good so far.

Maybe you should volunteer to help the NSMBA with fund raising ideas?

Please let me demonstrate the ride around; really it's no trouble.

March 29, 2007, 7:30 a.m.

How often and where do you meet?

March 29, 2007, 8:42 a.m.

funny you should mention that.

The next members meetings (everyone welcome) will be in Lynn Valley on:

April 5
May 31
July 5
Sept 13

Meetings are from 7-9 PM. If you're a NSMBA member, you'll get an email invitation with more details. Sign up on line if you're not a member yet.