Pipeline trail updates

Nov. 19, 2014, 10:31 a.m.

I'm pretty sure Silk prefers to split cedar over scrubbing with a toothbrush.

me too. the point is that there's a way to keep things working well. if you don't want to use a toothbrush there's always this:

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Nov. 19, 2014, 10:44 a.m.

me too. the point is that there's a way to keep things working well. if you don't want to use a toothbrush there's always this:

If that plank was not a decade old it might work. But using such a device I am sure not much would have been left of the wood :)

If you need some curved stringers let me know. The curves came from our property that is inside Princess Park, Hunter Park. BC Hydro's transmission lines run right through it and this year they did bunch of hazard removals and I asked them to leave behind all the cedar. I have more perfectly curved stringers than we will ever need for pipeline.

Nov. 19, 2014, 11:40 a.m.

If that plank was not a decade old it might work. But using such a device I am sure not much would have been left of the wood :)

If you need some curved stringers let me know. The curves came from our property that is inside Princess Park, Hunter Park. BC Hydro's transmission lines run right through it and this year they did bunch of hazard removals and I asked them to leave behind all the cedar. I have more perfectly curved stringers than we will ever need for pipeline.

you'd actually be surprised as you don't really lose any wood at all. the only drawback is that a battery doesn't last very long so depending on the number of batteries and how much wood you have to scrub it might take a few trips to get it done. of course it goes without saying that the plank needs to be structurally sound, otherwise there's no point.

i might have to come take you up on those stringers.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Nov. 20, 2014, 1:03 p.m.

Thank you for the work on Pipeline! This was the first trail I rode outside of the Endowment Lands. My first time was in the snow and I almost fell walking down that plank! The first time I rode the teeter it boosted my confidence so that I promptly crashed blasting down the hill after the little climb after the teeter. Good times!

Nov. 20, 2014, 9:36 p.m.

Nice to see this trail getting some expert lovin. Thanks.

Please let me demonstrate the ride around; really it's no trouble.

Nov. 21, 2014, 1:06 p.m.

I rode it a short while ago, it is some great work ! The 'roll' on the bridge is a pretty nice feature.

Well done !