Pemberton trail updates and trailwork minutes

Oct. 22, 2015, 10:15 p.m.

Meeting minutes from Pemberton Trails. Good transparency and a model for all other trail associations to follow. Note that trailwork is discussed publicly and without any need for confidentiality. North Van and the NSMBA could learn a lot about transparency from this.

http://pembertontrails.com/2015/10/october-15th-2015-meeting-minutes/

Oct. 22, 2015, 11:01 p.m.

Lol!

Oct. 23, 2015, 7:30 a.m.

I heart pemberton

Oct. 23, 2015, 8:16 a.m.

Conditions are steep, very very steep.

http://nsmb.com/kenny-smith-gets-steep/

Oct. 23, 2015, 4:24 p.m.

Lol!

why the "lol!"

that's a great example of a volunteer org being open about their planning process and decision making.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Oct. 23, 2015, 7:17 p.m.

why the "lol!"

that's a great example of a volunteer org being open about their planning process and decision making.

Yup, I agree though I'm curious why the OP chose to post about it here :-)

Oct. 23, 2015, 11:13 p.m.

Yup, I agree though I'm curious why the OP chose to post about it here :-)

The purpose is to show how opaque the NSMBA is about their trail work and trail plans in comparison to other organizations

NSMBA - Discussions about trailwork Mark Wood to NSMBA board in board minutes but without details. Marked in minutes as CONFIDENTIAL and not to be publicly disclosed without approval. General plans discussed in NSMBA 101. TAP days to announce trails to be worked on but no details about overall network. No overall trail network plan. Recall the NSMBA excuse that they don't want to talk about trailwork specifics because of the concern that the Monicas of the world will read about it and try to affect that work. That excuse has been in use now for 5 years

Contrast with WORCA, PVTA, SORCA where there are planning open houses; discussions with members; discussions re hours worked; discussions about plan for overall network; discussions about trails to be worked on.

I can see why you're amused though. It was naive of me to post to this board and assume that anyone would care.