NSMBA Trail Day - Lower Oilcan September 10

Aug. 29, 2006, 1:21 p.m.

yeah if shoenrock really rides 5 days a week like he says he should really get some trail karma while he's got the chance …

this applies to any of you who have not made it out yet this year … ;)

Aug. 30, 2006, 10:47 a.m.

Will there be a chainsaw/operator up there?
If so, can I enlist your help for a bit?

A complex interaction between sterics and electronics…

Aug. 30, 2006, 12:31 p.m.

chainsaws? No chainsaws allowed on Fromme the last I heard

Aug. 31, 2006, 12:55 p.m.

chainsaws? No chainsaws allowed on Fromme the last I heard

No chainsaw? But how are we going to build that damn uphill water slide to ski jump. Poor Lester will have to use a Leatherman tool to cut the needed wood.

Sept. 8, 2006, 10:17 p.m.

My son would like to attend the trail day. But I don't know where Lower Oil Can is?

I don't think we can make the shuttle, can we walk in?

Sept. 8, 2006, 11:14 p.m.

You can walk in, but i'd hate to give directions to someone who doesn't know the bottom of Fromme. There are lots of trails that all look the same when you're hiking up through the woods.

If you hike up Mountain highway, up past the 5th switchback (past Pipeline, past Espresso) you'll come across lower oilcan. You won't miss it since there will be vehicles on the road. Grab a shovel and bucket and hike down till you find the work going on.

The trail day goes until 3:30ish

Sept. 11, 2006, 9:31 a.m.

Wow! What a turnout! over 50 people came out to help realize the NSMBA vision for LOC! Relines, switchbacks, skinnies, relines, rockwork, ferns, relines, bridges, and relines happened so quickly and efficiently, I could hardly believe it.

I got stuck working on 1 section for most of the afternoon. When I walked the trail at the end of the day with my camera, I was blown away. Dan kept laughing at my reaction at every corner when I saw the amazing work ahead of me. "Holy Crap! You guys found bedrock!"… "OMG! Who built that bridge!"… "WOW! A skinny line! Where'd THAT come from"

The full writeup with photos should be posted soon. I was so stoked, I started working on it when I got home last night. Right now that trail needs to be ridden so we see where the weak points are. Ride it now and get a fun rip down the increasingly hard to find Fromme loam.

I learned the hard way to towel off my bike before the dog. I'd rather have a slightly oily dog than a hairy bike.

Beautiful west coast, ocean inspired pottery.

Sept. 11, 2006, 9:48 a.m.

Yeah trust me when I say… the camera flash was going off at every oppertunity.

Great day… 57 to be eaxct came out and put som emuch needed love into the trail.

Follow the yellow brick road! Super keen people, and another great lunch provided by On Top.

And yes I was once instructed by Pete… to move that rock the 1/8" to the left!

LOL!

EDIT:

Also I think that the group that worked with Barb… (sorry the only one who's name I knew)… they extra props for the excellent landscaping work that they did. They transplanted ferns to the entrance and exit of their little log ride.

Almost makes you wish there was a bench that you could sit on an admire their work!

Dan

www.steedcycles.com

Sept. 11, 2006, 1:02 p.m.

Nice work boys! Sorry I couldn't make it out.

See you October 1. We've changed the trail to CBC to help Jeremy out!

Sept. 13, 2006, 11:10 a.m.

Yeah trust me when I say… the camera flash was going off at every oppertunity.

Great day… 57 to be eaxct came out and put som emuch needed love into the trail.

Follow the yellow brick road! Super keen people, and another great lunch provided by On Top.

And yes I was once instructed by Pete… to move that rock the 1/8" to the left!

LOL!

EDIT:

Also I think that the group that worked with Barb… (sorry the only one who's name I knew)… they extra props for the excellent landscaping work that they did. They transplanted ferns to the entrance and exit of their little log ride.

Almost makes you wish there was a bench that you could sit on an admire their work!

Dan

^^

Thanks Dan! And thanks to everyone that came out to play in the dirt!!
On Top Bike Shop: you always put on a killer show….luv yah Dan!
And to th'others that I was working with; Andy (you really did wear my little dog out…) Rhona (did I spell it right??) and her man (I am soooo sorry, I am gapping on your name right now - but I haven't forgotten you or your hard work!), and the nice young boys that came to help out near the end of the day (very refreshing to see the young'uns out - now I am sounding like the old lady that I am…)
:clap: Nice Job!! :clap:
I am looking forward to see the pics from Sunday.

CYA on Oct 1st for CBC Trail Day

ahhhh, derka, derka, derka!

Sept. 13, 2006, 12:52 p.m.

Anyone know what's happening with regards to the filming that was going on?

For some reason the guy wanted a close up of me shovelling dirt and when I say close up I mean the camera was 12 inches from the end of the shovel!

Please let me demonstrate the ride around; really it's no trouble.

Sept. 13, 2006, 1:18 p.m.

Ya, I was rolling this huge rock up the hill with another dude, and the guy had the camera right in out faces. We did 1 roll too many, I guess and it landed on the dude's foot :lol: :lol:

I've got a good photo of him interviewing Dean for a soundbyte while Cam held the boom.

I learned the hard way to towel off my bike before the dog. I'd rather have a slightly oily dog than a hairy bike.

Beautiful west coast, ocean inspired pottery.

Sept. 13, 2006, 2:25 p.m.

Yeah they aired it already, last night to be exact. It was at the end of the 6 O'clock news. The only thing that they showed was the interview with Wade Simons and Digger.

The NSMBA Trailday was a "No Show"

Sorry guys…

Dan

www.steedcycles.com

Sept. 13, 2006, 3:32 p.m.

Yeah they aired it already, last night to be exact. It was at the end of the 6 O'clock news. The only thing that they showed was the interview with Wade Simons and Digger.

Sorry guys…

Dan

foot in mouth comment edited.

Sept. 13, 2006, 8:13 p.m.

Sorry guys…

Dan

Shit, that's very disappointing.

Please let me demonstrate the ride around; really it's no trouble.