NSMBA AGM!

Dec. 2, 2014, 5:12 p.m.

https://storify.com/NSMBA/2014-nsmba-annual-general-meeting

Dec. 2, 2014, 7:06 p.m.

I believe Minutes have to be approved by the Board of Directors. The Board has to ensure accuracy and this will likely be taken up at their next meeting. There is always a lag in the approval of Minutes for this very reason, likely due to the Not For Profit Corporations Act- the Directors have a legal responsibility to provide accuracy. IMHO.

Talk less, Say More.

Dec. 2, 2014, 8:14 p.m.

By no means official (the opposite of official actually), but I did attend the whole meeting.

D

thanks, great summery, i didn't head over to north van to do any riding this year but it sounds like more public trail days and builders academies are a great way to improve mountain biking.

Dec. 2, 2014, 10:29 p.m.

I believe Minutes have to be approved by the Board of Directors. The Board has to ensure accuracy and this will likely be taken up at their next meeting. There is always a lag in the approval of Minutes for this very reason, likely due to the Not For Profit Corporations Act- the Directors have a legal responsibility to provide accuracy. IMHO.

FYI the NFP Act is at the federal level; the NSMBA is incorporated provincially. the agm minutes are normally signed by the chairman and secretary present at the meeting, they do not need to be approved by the directors.

usually the delay in producing minutes is due to the time involved in typing them up, most societies are run by volunteers.

Dec. 2, 2014, 10:30 p.m.

thanks, great summery, i didn't head over to north van to do any riding this year but it sounds like more public trail days and builders academies are a great way to improve mountain biking.

You know… I've attended a fair number of NSMBA AGMs (not sure how many), and I go to as many trail days a year as I can (only a few this year), and do whatever other little maintenance tasks I see when I'm on a ride or taking a hiking day -- I'm definitely not claiming to be some super-star NSMBA member or super savy to what's going on.

BUT, aside from a few little niggles - to me - this years AGM was like watching a highlight real of trail buildings greatest hits. I'm genuinely excited to see what 2015 is going to bring and motivated to be as involved as I can with the digging that is going to be going down.

I'm genuinely not a kittens riding rainbow coloured unicorns kind of guy, so if you have an opportunity to come out and swing a shovel at a trail day or attend a builders academy I'd say have-at-'er… there's great momentum and it's an awesome chance to be part of a movement.

Oh, and you're welcome!

Mean People SUCK! Nice People SHOVEL!

Trails For All; Trails For Weather

Dec. 3, 2014, 10:18 p.m.

Thanks for clarification!

FYI the NFP Act is at the federal level; the NSMBA is incorporated provincially. the agm minutes are normally signed by the chairman and secretary present at the meeting, they do not need to be approved by the directors.

usually the delay in producing minutes is due to the time involved in typing them up, most societies are run by volunteers.

Talk less, Say More.

Dec. 4, 2014, 8:59 a.m.

http://nsmba.ca/content/2014-12_2014-agm-meeting-minutes

Minutes posted.

Dec. 4, 2014, 9:23 a.m.

Trail plans for 2015 look great.

treezz
wow you are a ass