"No Horses" gets a makeover

March 3, 2009, 2:29 p.m.

God I love no horses. Some of my favorite racing memories are of bombing through there, catching a little air at the top of the steeper turns, the crowd lining the whole section…

Seriously, No Horses is the definition of "fun for everyone". I've taken groups ranging in age from 8 to 80 on that trail.

March 3, 2009, 6:06 p.m.

thebigchin, that was Jeremy [HTML_REMOVED] Ira that did No Horses? How is the wind damage this year? I usually go over in the spring for a rake up sticks tour. The boat costs so much that I can't get over as often as I'd like.

Jer, Sasha, Tig, and Yanna did most of it. I think Ira's been in Mexico for a while.

I learned the hard way to towel off my bike before the dog. I'd rather have a slightly oily dog than a hairy bike.

Beautiful west coast, ocean inspired pottery.

March 5, 2009, 8:42 a.m.

Mic, next time you're in Canada, come to Vancouver Island. Tom P can show you Cumberland and Campbell River, thebigchin can show you Hornby Island, Lorien can show you Sooke, I can show you what's left of Hammerfest (if there is anything left by then) if you don't mind riding with an old guy. You'll need two weeks at least.

The island can also easily take up two weeks of riding.

Vancouver and around can take longer. The interior (central, north, south) could take a month, maybe longer. Really, the choices are mind boggling.

Grrrr……we only have three weeks and we want to spend a few days in Vancouver. My wife has never been to BC so I thought a few days of Vancouver (UBC Museum, etc), the Shore and the Woodlot, then a hop over onto the Island, with some Pacific Ocean beach stuff (and hopefully some bbq), some riding and some beers, Cathedral Grove and over to Powell River, down the coast to Gibson, Squish and one or two days in Whistler……

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

March 5, 2009, 8:57 a.m.

Grrrr……we only have three weeks and we want to spend a few days in Vancouver. My wife has never been to BC so I thought a few days of Vancouver (UBC Museum, etc), the Shore and the Woodlot, then a hop over onto the Island, with some Pacific Ocean beach stuff (and hopefully some bbq), some riding and some beers, Cathedral Grove and over to Powell River, down the coast to Gibson, Squish and one or two days in Whistler……

Your wife would love Hornby… It's a pretty chill place with lots of culture and the riding is unbelievable. I have missed it soo much I booked a cabin for the last week in August!

March 5, 2009, 9:39 a.m.

Your wife would love Hornby… It's a pretty chill place with lots of culture and the riding is unbelievable. I have missed it soo much I booked a cabin for the last week in August!

Pics or I do not believe you ;) J/K.

- Kristen Ulmer

March 5, 2009, 9:53 a.m.

Pics or I do not believe you ;) J/K.

River City Cycle Club - www.rivercitycycle.ca

Comox Valley Mountain Biking - www.cvmtb.com

March 5, 2009, 10:08 a.m.

http://trailcrew.hornbyoutdoors.com/?page_id=43

Mic, when you're going through Cathedral Grove lay on the horn. I'll hear you.

March 5, 2009, 10:36 a.m.

Holler if you come through Courtenay / Cumberland. Can take you on a tour of the trails if you want.

viperfunk.com

March 7, 2009, 2:42 a.m.

Thanx guys. :) We did a picture search - and Hornby looks nice. :)

And thanx for the offers "along the way". :beer:

- Kristen Ulmer

April 27, 2009, 7 a.m.

I was there over the weekend, doing a little spring cleaning at the cabin. The tweaking done to No Horses has made a sweet trail even sweeter. You can now go a little higher on each of the switchbacks, and that means you can go faster. Yer Mom has had some work done on it too. That "thing" near the bottom took my breath away. I felt like one of the apes in "2001 A Space Odyssey", just standing and staring up at the obelisk. Awesome.

Team Crafty

April 27, 2009, 1:57 p.m.

No Horses = Natural Half Pipe

I [Heart] Mt Geoffrey. That's where I fell in love with mtn biking.