nice

May 3, 2014, 6:28 p.m.

So I went up to the mountain this afternoon to do some trail work only to find all of my tools had been stolen.

Good times.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

May 3, 2014, 6:58 p.m.

Sorry to hear that. Having stuff stolen is such a pain.

>>---------> (x)
My flickr

May 3, 2014, 7:10 p.m.

booo

bad karma to those involved

May 3, 2014, 7:41 p.m.

why would you leave your tools. With all the crooks out there i wouldn't be leaving anything around

May 3, 2014, 8:03 p.m.

why would you leave your tools. With all the crooks out there i wouldn't be leaving anything around

i had them stashed on the trail so i can ride up, do a few hours of trailwork, and then ride down. it takes the same amount of time as driving up, hiking tools down and then hiking back up to my vehicle and driving back down the hill except the bonus is that i also get a ride in. with the very limited time i have in my schedule these days it's a great way to fit both things in. i've been doing it for 10yrs or more on more than one trail and this is the first time i've lost tools. i also noticed new flagging tape since the last time i did some work so i wonder if maybe it was DNV. if so i would guess they're in contact with the nsmba and a heads up would have been nice if there were questions at all - if that is the case. dnv has sniped tools in the past on fromme, so who knows? they were nice enough to leave behind a rake though.

the only other incident was when an esteemed board member here borrowed some buckets and forgot to bring them back after - but his wife is a sweetheart so he gets a pass.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

May 3, 2014, 8:27 p.m.

a heads up would have been nice. I can't see the DNV taking anything.

May 3, 2014, 8:34 p.m.

a heads up would have been nice. I can't see the DNV taking anything.

back in the ugly days dnv was taking tools if builders didn't have a permit for their trail on fromme. for the amount of stuff that was taken i don't see it as a random rider or two. besides, riding down the hill with a large pick would kinda kill the ride. someone went in with the intent of stealing the tools.

either way, whether it was dnv or just some wart with a bad attitutde i'll need to pick (ha!) up some more tools. what sucks the most is losing the time to do trailwork.

Ellen Langer

May 4, 2014, 12:02 a.m.

Lame.
Once in 10yrs is better than I would have expected…

May 4, 2014, 7:54 a.m.

synchro, I feel your pain. As the parent of teenagers I know how it feels to have tools grow legs and walk. I don't ride the shore but would like to help you out.(Spades, rake, pick etc) Pm if you like.:beer:

May 4, 2014, 9:12 a.m.

So I went up to the mountain this afternoon to do some trail work only to find all of my tools had been stolen.

Good times.

There's a special place in hell where the mtb thiefs and trail tool thiefs end up.

May 4, 2014, 12:56 p.m.

synchro, I feel your pain. As the parent of teenagers I know how it feels to have tools grow legs and walk. I don't ride the shore but would like to help you out.(Spades, rake, pick etc) Pm if you like.:beer:

They replace your heart with a bigger one when they went in or are you the real life grinch?

diggin

May 5, 2014, 4:14 a.m.

nah, just a moment of weakness. don't tell anyone around the woodlot.:r:

May 13, 2014, 10:48 a.m.

May your tools break in their hands and become useless items, showing them their karma!

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer