New Expresso.

Nov. 26, 2013, 3:57 p.m.

The AGM tomorrow should be fun! I'd like to invite all to come speak publicly face to face.

interweb sprayers don't usually show up to those kinds of events, we had something similar here in Whistler this fall….all bravado, no follow through.

Nov. 26, 2013, 4:02 p.m.

interweb sprayers don't usually show up to those kinds of events, we had something similar here in Whistler this fall….all bravado, no follow through.

challenge!

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

Nov. 26, 2013, 4:02 p.m.

Let's keep the meeting gnarly tomorrow night. No dumbing it down please.

Nov. 26, 2013, 4:29 p.m.

I rode it yesterday for the first time in many many years, and WOW! Such a blast. I chickened out on the entrance on my little bike, as it leans to the xc side of AM, but what a bunch of fun that was. My skill set is way down as I'm too busy with my little kids at the moment, but I loved the trail, and some may disagree, but I've always liked a little spidery rooted chunder on trails, so this has the bermy best, some nice rolling woodwork and some mellow old school tech at the bottom. KUDOS and thank you!

Nov. 26, 2013, 6 p.m.

So let me get this straight, you guys whining thought Expresso was 'gnar'? EXPRESSO? "GNAR"!???! Bahahahaha!! Gimme a break. I first rode expresso in around '03/'04 and loved it, but it was more a chundery mess than gnarly. Does 'Gnar' now mean an unkept chundery mess littered with rotting old stunts that werent that fun in the first place?

As many peeps have said there is lots of steep, steep scary shiit out there to ride. I figure if the trail is on a map it should be maintained and improved accordingly. I think Expesso 2.0 is fun as hell. No not 'gnar' but it never really was anyways.

Well done to everyone that put in time working on it.

Nov. 26, 2013, 6:34 p.m.

So let me get this straight, you guys whining thought Expresso was 'gnar'? EXPRESSO? "GNAR"!???! Bahahahaha!! Gimme a break. I first rode expresso in around '03/'04 and loved it, but it was more a chundery mess than gnarly. Does 'Gnar' now mean an unkept chundery mess littered with rotting old stunts that werent that fun in the first place?

Yes.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/gnar#English

Nov. 26, 2013, 6:47 p.m.

Leaving things alone is not a responsible solution…

Hemlock construction:

Here's a closer look at the supports - you'll notice the one is simply rotted in half.

Fully agree with you, although rotted structures do not require a paved ribbon of gold to get the rot removed or replaced, and this is how I'm reading the opposition.

Nov. 26, 2013, 8:05 p.m.

Fully agree with you, although rotted structures do not require a paved ribbon of gold to get the rot removed or replaced, and this is how I'm reading the opposition.

have to agree with you on that point. Replacing a once cool feature with another version would be preferred on some trails.

Nov. 26, 2013, 8:45 p.m.

Expresso is awesome!

Nov. 26, 2013, 9:25 p.m.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgES-kVJc28#t=92

i just watched that whole thing…..puppies and all

I'm ignoring Smedley.

Nov. 26, 2013, 9:32 p.m.

have to agree with you on that point. Replacing a once cool feature with another version would be preferred on some trails.

hear ye hear ye … wood shall be replaced with wood…and so it was written and shall be carried out from this day forth - for the north shore gospel has dictated that wood in the form of cedar was provided by the almighty mountain in plentifu supply so that structures shall rise from the ground. and they will be sound of design and build, and they will stand the test of time for years upon years….and bike upon bike….and when it is decided that there time has come, they shall once again be replaced by the bounty of cedar that has been bestowed upon us..for cedar is wood. And wood is good.

I'm ignoring Smedley.

Nov. 26, 2013, 9:54 p.m.

you bet. Builders choice has always been my rule.

Some choose gold, some choose wood, others choose to ride. It's all good. You just can't neglect decay and erosion.

Nov. 27, 2013, 7:49 a.m.

until there is a plan showing what trails will be kept old-school, these discussions will continue to come up regularly. if there was such a plan it would reassure the minority of people who like those trails that there are plans to keep some trails old-school.

if the resources are not there to rebuild the structures on these old-school trails i was not advocating leaving dangerous stunts in place. seems some thought i was advocating that. in fact i fully agree that rebuilding gratuitous wood structures is a waste of time considering their limited lifespan.

Nov. 27, 2013, 8 a.m.

Trev -

http://nsmba.ca/category/tags/advocacy

The plan.

It's just not specific as to what you're looking for because there are so many miles of trail out there.

Nov. 27, 2013, 9:19 a.m.

until there is a plan showing what trails will be kept old-school, these discussions will continue to come up regularly. if there was such a plan it would reassure the minority of people who like those trails that there are plans to keep some trails old-school.

if the resources are not there to rebuild the structures on these old-school trails i was not advocating leaving dangerous stunts in place. seems some thought i was advocating that. in fact i fully agree that rebuilding gratuitous wood structures is a waste of time considering their limited lifespan.

You, as well as others, would be surprised how many people are in that "minority" group that like old school trails. They may be silent at times, but there's many of them out there.

Thread killer