New Expresso.

Dec. 5, 2012, 10:09 a.m.

The new trail is so good, I can't wait to ride the full line in the dry. the new line that was worked on in the last trail day is going to be incredible!

anybody have an idea when it might be finished?

why no more trail days?! haha

Dec. 5, 2012, 11:03 a.m.

The new line and work is fantastic, haven't had a chance to ride it in 2 months but I'm sure the rest of the line is just as fun! Went to 2 of the trail days on it this summer and both were great days, keep up the good work Digger and crew.

nobody is this dumb.

Dec. 5, 2012, 11:01 p.m.

Super pleased that people are loving it. We had some really incredible turnouts. The last two, especially, in shitty weather, were awesome. Pulling up to the parking lot and seeing dozens of people waiting to hop into a shuttle was very gratifying.

No more planned for the winter because it's a busy time and the snowline could make it tough. We'll be back at it soon enough. And nothing is confirmed for next year but Expresso isn't finished yet…

June 9, 2013, 8:16 p.m.

A seasonal resurrection…

It was great seeing a big group of kids coming down the trail today, totally stoked on riding it. Almost made me want to be a guide again. Almost… There was a whole crew of next generation Shore rippers right there.

treezz
wow you are a ass

June 9, 2013, 9:15 p.m.

One way or another about half my Fromme rides end up going down Expresso. It's a really fun trail. I'm glad to have had a small part in it (and continue to do so, there's still some more to do!)

June 10, 2013, 2:02 p.m.

Great work on Expresso!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.528823057153562[HTML_REMOVED]type=1

http://mtbtrails.ca/ Author of Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides and Locals' Guide to Fraser Valley Rides.

Follow us on Twitter and Instagram

June 10, 2013, 2:23 p.m.

Is the plan to make the entire trail similar to the work that has been done so far? Last I rode the ribbon of gold ends just past the ogopogo wood work and then from there it is old school chunder down to the BP. Curious to know if this dichotomy of styles will remain or if we'll be able to look forward to a flow style all the way to the BP?

Regardless, I think Espresso is a must ride now for anyone visiting Fromme. Thanks to everyone that worked on it, it is much appreciated.

June 10, 2013, 2:27 p.m.

Needs moar Dansition.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

June 10, 2013, 2:41 p.m.

Is the plan to make the entire trail similar to the work that has been done so far? Last I rode the ribbon of gold ends just past the ogopogo wood work and then from there it is old school chunder down to the BP. Curious to know if this dichotomy of styles will remain or if we'll be able to look forward to a flow style all the way to the BP?

Regardless, I think Espresso is a must ride now for anyone visiting Fromme. Thanks to everyone that worked on it, it is much appreciated.

We will be continuing the new sustainable alignment all the way down to BP.

I believe both our NSMB.com crew and the MEC crew have done 3 TAP days each so far this year (MEC may be at 4 after this weekend). That leaves 5-6 more solid days of building plus Digger's solo work.

The more people that show up to the trail days, the faster we'll have it done. Thanks for all the positive feedback everyone!

flickr

June 10, 2013, 3:54 p.m.

The new work is great, but as one the "vocal minority" I would like thank NSMBA and all the volunteers for leaving the original line and wood work mostly in tact. By doing this has allowed both new school riders and those who are "stuck in the past" to continue to enjoy the trail. Thank you for not taking away, but adding.

June 10, 2013, 5:09 p.m.

Great work on Expresso!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.528823057153562[HTML_REMOVED]type=1

Looking at the one pic of the guy on the rock roll, is it also a step down to a bit of a sniper tranny between the trees?? I havent been down the new work yet

June 11, 2013, 11:30 a.m.

Looking at the one pic of the guy on the rock roll, is it also a step down to a bit of a sniper tranny between the trees?? I havent been down the new work yet

It's too tight to hit it like a step down - that rock roll is a roll for all, I think. If someone proves that statement wrong, I'd sure love to be there to see it. The wooden feature just above can be ridden as a step down but you have to wiggle around a stump and if you loft it you'll quickly run out of room to your left. As always, both features are probably worth a quick peek before you ride them unless you're confident or following someone that knows them.

Oct. 26, 2013, 7:12 a.m.

Took a ride on this last night for the first time since the rebuild.

Simply AMAZING!

Burning down that trail last night gave me chills. Felt just like being
out on the SSC on a freshly cut line.

Great job Todd and the gang.

Oct. 26, 2013, 8:56 a.m.

I haven't ridden it in a couple months. How far down is the new work now? Based on photos it looks like it has gone past the fall-line chundery part?

Oct. 26, 2013, 10:03 a.m.

fall line chunder is out… end of trail chunder section is still in last time I rode it (about 2 weeks ago)