New Expresso.

Nov. 28, 2013, 2:06 p.m.

28 of these are aliases of morgman, shaloamer, sleepr, Duncan all posting Boobs

The rest are looking for p0rn

You are accusing others of having aliases? :lol:

Nov. 28, 2013, 2:27 p.m.

… Seventh when it was still loam?

i rode that shit..thinkn about it ,it still gives me a carboner….

Nov. 28, 2013, 2:31 p.m.

( he actually does pay attention to the board).

well in that case..digger you are the fucking man..!

Nov. 28, 2013, 2:33 p.m.

What a bunch of bullshit this thread has turned into.

Regardless of new line or old, has anybody here actually actually stopped in the middle of their Gnar/Flow ride, stopped and spoken to Digger about how the trail has progressed on the new line or the Shore in general? Or have you just ripped on by to see how your Strava time stacks up?

I've stopped, many times Arent you a saint?, said thank you and listened to his opinions about what people are bitching and moaning about( he actually does pay attention to the board). It's a pretty eye/ear opening experience.

I ride and hike up Fromme on a very regular basis. I have yet to see 1 single person riding the old Expresso line at the same time I was there or for that matter evidence of it at anytime… Maybe because its been closed for a large portion of the year due to some serious blow down and structure failure?

As has been mentioned before, there are plenty of scary old school "Shore" lines out there but they just aren't getting ridden on a regular basis. The green bits on Jerry-RigsIGNED CLOSED just keep getting greener, like wise on Pink StarfishSIGNED CLOSED . Haven't seen a skid mark on either in months… years even. There's a TAP sign at the entrance to Grannies never been a high volume trail but with the exception of one log rollover it's as original as it's ever been.

Sustainability is the new norm on on the Shore. Deal with it!way to contribute to the above mentioned bullshit

yadda yadda

I'm ignoring Smedley.

Nov. 28, 2013, 2:49 p.m.

well in that case..digger you are the fucking man..!

With Digs it's like the old school telephone game. Someone reads it on the board and tells the story to someone else who tells the story to another person who eventually tells the story to Digger.

Important NSMBA board emails get printed out and sent to him via carrier pigeon.

I'll tell him DY loves him next week at our NSMBA board meeting.

Nov. 29, 2013, 12:28 p.m.

Having worked with NSMBA builders on private trail days as part of the Muddbunnies, then with TAP following its inception, and of course more recently as one of the TAP builders, I figured I get to throw my 2 cents worth.

I believe in both the revitalization of the Shore and the work that we have been doing. There are times when features are removed or changed (some of which I have been involved in) and while there have definitely been pangs of loss, I also appreciate the bigger picture.

My personal preference is riding technical challenging trails, preferably with big rock slabs, and shoots but that doesn t mean I don't appreciate smooth fast trails. The sport of mountain biking has grown exponentially over the last few years, and I see this in the number of new ladies that sign up for the Muddbunnies every year. It is honestly wonderful to now have trails on the Shore that allow for progression for all these new riders.

I guess what I am saying is that there really is plenty of natural and man made black diamond features and trails out there still, both on and off the books, and I don't see why (or even how) all of these would be dumbed down, and I think it is great that we now also have a more progressive level of trails occurring on the Shore. I mean look at Whistler and Squamish, they have some of the most technically difficult trails that I have ridden, and that style of trail is supported by their respective clubs. But both those locations also have good trail infrastructure for the beginner riders and those that don't want to go ride the gnar.

Consider that my two cents well spent.

www.essentialcycles.com | www.essentialcycles.shop 

Service, Sales & Repair Shop, Mountain Bike Rentals, Coaching & Guiding