Neds

March 5, 2009, 1:25 p.m.

Trail building is a democracy.

But you vote with your shovel.

-D

Or in Ned's case…apparently with your chain saw?

March 5, 2009, 1:32 p.m.

this thread has to be some of my best work yet.

but to save luudwig and others from more distress…. the stunts are all still there.

back to your regular programming.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

March 5, 2009, 1:47 p.m.

My main point is: I had no opportunity to provide input before the…I hesitate to call it "Chainsaw Massacre" as it brings back bad memories of Cypress, that was apparently performed on the woodwork last weekend (woodwork that I have enjoyed riding BTW)and before the apparent decision to revert a trail which is on public land to a DH course was made.

Anyway it is all moot now since the deed is apparently done.

wow, i cant believe people actually believed the woodwork was gone :lol:

March 5, 2009, 1:49 p.m.

but to save luudwig and others from more distress…. the stunts are all still there.

just incase someone missed it…

March 5, 2009, 1:53 p.m.

wow, i cant believe people actually believed the woodwork was gone :lol:

trail building is serious business

River City Cycle Club - www.rivercitycycle.ca

Comox Valley Mountain Biking - www.cvmtb.com

March 5, 2009, 2:27 p.m.

did anyone click on my link? Holy shit!

Mark, I can't believe you crushed the dream.

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

March 5, 2009, 2:29 p.m.

I don't care if it has woodwork or not. All I want to know is, CAN I RIDE A PENNYFARTHING DOWN IT???

***Disclaimer: this post is in no way, shape, or form intended to insult anybody, anything, any animal, any lifeform, or non lifeform, or otherwise, of any kind.

March 5, 2009, 3:05 p.m.

Ask not what Ned can do for you but what you can do for ned

March 5, 2009, 3:07 p.m.

Also the Cypress chainsaw massacre was the best thing thats happend to that mountain.

March 5, 2009, 3:13 p.m.

Also the Cypress chainsaw massacre was the best thing thats happend to that mountain.

should we have another?

Posted via Chainsaw Device

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

March 5, 2009, 3:26 p.m.

do you disagree splinks?

March 5, 2009, 3:37 p.m.

do you disagree splinks?

no. but you could say that a few years ago

Ellen Langer

March 5, 2009, 3:37 p.m.

this thread has to be some of my best work yet.

back to your regular programming.

Man I though this thread would run till april then be let out!

Internet is an odd place with loud voices and few names…and even less that fess up to their sins….

Blogging - Never before have so many people with so little to say said so much to so few.

March 5, 2009, 10:48 p.m.

poodle paths are not xc. "xc" mean cross country, as in going where there are no roads

So by that definition all mountain bike trails should be considered cross country~

Or I mean how close to a road do you need to be before it's considered XC? 100m, 1000m?

Have you ever considered the idea that maybe Neds has been used in those races because it was the only available option?

March 5, 2009, 10:59 p.m.

wow, i cant believe LUUDWIG actually believed the woodwork was gone :lol:

FYP

So by that definition all mountain bike trails should be considered cross country~

Or I mean how close to a road do you need to be before it's considered XC? 100m, 1000m?

Have you ever considered the idea that maybe Neds has been used in those races because it was the only available option?

It is kind of funny that you are arguing with Rod about what an "XC trail" is… the guy can probably ride up 90[HTML_REMOVED]#37; of Neds without dabbing.

Anyways… apparently some time long ago before Neds was the great trail that it is it was covered in Loam and enjoyed by lots of people.

Now it is just a beat-to-shit overflow valve for a huge swath of lazy riders who want a 100% downhill path from where they park at Mushroom to where they get picked up at Super Store. (and do not get me wrong… the rest of us LOVE it for that)

Seriously though… you and Luudwig should e-mail [HTML_REMOVED]trails at nsmba dot bc dot ca[HTML_REMOVED] and offer to adopt Neds… anyone who feels as passionately about the trail as you two do should DEFINITELY get first priority on maintaining it.

-D

Mean People SUCK! Nice People SHOVEL!

Trails For All; Trails For Weather