Natural High

Feb. 18, 2006, 11:47 a.m.

I changed the down ramp to a wide plank and put in a tranny. Then I put a small berm into the left corner after stunt 1, as well as a little hit over roots on the left side of the trail.

Also put a couple more rungs onto #2 and carried a couple big rocks down to the table/gap jump that's going to get built over the big log after #2. Think of the middle of Pingu, where there's a gap jump that lands into a berm and then goes to the right uphill. You can roll it or gap it.

The gate is unlocked today.

Off for a ride now…

Feb. 18, 2006, 6:46 p.m.

Heckler

Thanks Man. Can't wait to see it tomorrow. Did anyone join you?

The King of E-Ville
Welcome to "E-ville"
population "Me"

Feb. 18, 2006, 9:26 p.m.

Just me, myself and I. When are you going up tomorrow? I probably won't make it.

Look for the gold on the left, between #1 and #2 if you need it. The ground was frozen for the first inch, so a pick would be good if you want to do dirt work.

Feb. 18, 2006, 9:51 p.m.

Rock on Heckler.

I'll Propably take a walk up there with the whole family in the AM. So I have no idea what time. I'm hoping to just clean things up a bit.

The King of E-Ville
Welcome to "E-ville"
population "Me"

Feb. 18, 2006, 10:01 p.m.

give me a call before you go up, I might be able to join you

Please let me demonstrate the ride around; really it's no trouble.

Feb. 19, 2006, 8:33 p.m.

Update:

Knnn and I did 2 1/2 hours in there today and found some nice wood for the last part of stunt 2 and we were helped by 3 guys who were just scoping the trail when we showed up and they helped till it was dark. They rocked in a sweet tranny and helped move some big rocks and logs. Plus they gave it a test run for us too, this trail is gonna be sweet.

Thanks guys,

The King of E-Ville
Welcome to "E-ville"
population "Me"

Feb. 20, 2006, 7:25 a.m.

yea i saw some people working up there on sunday

i would have stopped to help out but it was my first time riding in like 5 months:woot: and i really wanted to just go for a ride:rocker:

Im Just A Guy Stoaked On Riding:canada:

Feb. 21, 2006, 12:10 p.m.

E-ville, How wide do you want stunt 3 to be? I mean the really long downhill ladder bridge that goes down to the first little creek.

I plan to precut the rungs with my chop saw at home and drive them up instead of cutting each one by hand in the forest. I was thinking of 10" wide rungs. Or maybe 12" wide and then narrowing down to 8" for a section.

Feb. 21, 2006, 12:23 p.m.

Yo Heckler,

the Long Bridge is Stunt #5,

3 is the big log at the end of #2 (with the little jump over or the bigger drop off stunt #2)

4 is the big log ride on that old rotten tree.

Pre cutting is a great idea, Do you have a bunch of that cedar, or are you grabbing it from the shed.

I would like to walk this section with you and Knnn to pick the line, I would love it to be 12" - 8" wide. But we will need to make a blue line next to it, or a second wider bridge, (16" min).

The Guy from the DNV suggested that we re-locate the bottom of this long bridge to the north, making a big curve up-hill into the forest, then curving it back south onto the trail.

I want to use that big cedar that is downed right at the end. That baby is about 40' long,and 16" around, if we could move it with some pulleys or something, I would like to get it into the bridge.

the DNV is going to fall that big dead tree that is right above #4. I have asked them to drop it right on the old tree so we can make that a log ride again.

The King of E-Ville
Welcome to "E-ville"
population "Me"

Feb. 21, 2006, 12:32 p.m.

Stunt #3 need a rock kicker build over it, and the rock tranny on the back side needs to be filled,

the idea for the end of Stunt #2 after the Skinny is to build a small kicker a few feet in front of the log, and then to have a wood tranny on the back side of the log, So its kinda like a pre-jump. you'll pop up off the end of Stunt #2 and just clear the Log (#3) and roll down the back.

this is because there is no room after stunt #2 (over the log) to land and then turn 90 around that huge stump.

We would like to make a skinny A-frame over the stump that is in-line with the end of Stunt #2 and lines up with the start of Stunt #4. This A-frame might have 2 up-ramps, one off of Stunt 2, the other comming off of the rock kicker on the right (blue-line side)

Does this all make sence? if yes, you can work on any of these ideas too.

I would like to wait for #5 till the district drops that Dead Tree, It might define a new line where it lands.

The King of E-Ville
Welcome to "E-ville"
population "Me"

Feb. 21, 2006, 12:57 p.m.

Man, you've got some big plans! Synchro's going to have some competition. That's only the first 300 feet of trail.

Feb. 21, 2006, 7:15 p.m.

Whoa!! You guys should be doing the sea-to-sky, not some NS trails. At this rate, the whole trail will be rebuilt by Easter. Rock work, that's the ticket. I can do that stuff. If the tranny on the back side of #3 needs to be filled in, I can get that done, and maybe the kicker too. I did a walkabout on Sunday and saw a lot of usable stuff, as well as some older, secondary branch lines that might be incorporated as blue lines.

Team Crafty

Feb. 21, 2006, 9:17 p.m.

I like to hear this,

Go Sketchy

The King of E-Ville
Welcome to "E-ville"
population "Me"

Feb. 21, 2006, 9:47 p.m.

First time I've seen the new work, looking good.

I was wondering what the difference is between Milled cedar and on the mountain cedar?

chad

I'm happy to get outside and enjoy nature while I can, but I fear for the future of humanity

Feb. 21, 2006, 10:41 p.m.

Milled cedar came from a Mill…….. (didn't you see the photos on Page 1 of this thread?)

Its the same wood, only its been cut into 2x4's and 2x6's, Its really nice wood, but it just lacks that split rung look of the shore.

We have a fair amount of Cedar rounds too, thanks to that wind storm,
(its almost like Mom Nature wants Natural High re-built too)

So I'm hoping we can use a combination of milled and split rungs in some way. Maybe split rungs where you need braking traction.

The King of E-Ville
Welcome to "E-ville"
population "Me"