Metro Trail Update - October 2015

Oct. 15, 2015, 12:38 p.m.

Probably benches so people can stop and rest.

I wonder if there is power off the main road. If so, it would not too far to trench in power. Could stop half way down Smooth as a babies bottom alley, rest on a bench and get a quick shot of expresso from a Starbucks kiosk.

Oct. 20, 2015, 11:50 a.m.

+1 for coffee stand

Oct. 20, 2015, 12:22 p.m.

+2 for the coffee kiosk (albeit not *$).

someone should also buy the lot at the 6th switchback on fromme, build a wee patio [HTML_REMOVED] set up shop there.

Oct. 20, 2015, 7:24 p.m.

Yeah for sure, That's one steep section where the stairs are located.
Hopefully we will see a new bridge one day.

Has anyone ever noticed for a MTB trail location: Running one on the Southside of the fire road along the old rifle range fence line to Fishermans at Twin?

Yea, I found this after they closed the rifle range about 9 years ago. That was crazy they kept the range open as long as they did; it felt like I was biking in West Virginia when I went to Fishermans.

I guess now I am waiting for the new twin bridge and a gondola going up Seymour.

pb

Oct. 22, 2015, 8:29 a.m.

Shout out to Metro Van for starting work on the BP trail to make an easier two way access to Riverside Dr from Richard Juryn trail network.

This is to be built by Ewan Fafard so you know it will be good!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.928098357226028[HTML_REMOVED]type=1

http://mtbtrails.ca/ Author of Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides and Locals' Guide to Fraser Valley Rides.

Follow us on Twitter and Instagram

Oct. 22, 2015, 12:05 p.m.

That is a challenging hunk of terrain at the bridge to build. Fell down those stairs on a frosty night once.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

Nov. 15, 2015, 11:16 a.m.

+2 for the coffee kiosk (albeit not *$).

someone should also buy the lot at the 6th switchback on fromme, build a wee patio [HTML_REMOVED] set up shop there.

we've thought about doing a rando "snack shack" there this summer by donation. :D

Nov. 15, 2015, 11:20 a.m.

I don't want to get into a debate about old/new Dales. I rode the trail for the first time since the work on the upper portion today. Really weird how it goes from fast and flow to knar. There really should be a sign saying the trail is not as it appears at the entrance. Does anyone one know if the plan is to continue to the powerline?

totally agree with you on the disconnect between the two Dale's. i also assumed they would continue it down to powerline, which, even for me as an intermediate rider who appreciates not fearing for her life for a second, wouldn't really agree with. just seems to not feed into the nature of shore trails and conditions to berm it out so much.