Lee Valley doesn't have the saw

Sept. 20, 2006, 4:29 a.m.

enduramil - fanno k24

Thanks.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Jan. 14, 2008, 12:40 p.m.

Resurected thread: Has anyone here ordered the K24 direct from Fanno? If so, any issues to report? My crappy old saw just didn't cut it yesterday on my seach for blowdown and drains to clear.

Jan. 14, 2008, 1:04 p.m.

another K-24 as mine is a few years old and startign to get a little dull

To keep with the resurrection…

I think you can get the K-24 sharpened. The guy told me when I bought it that it's a saw that will last forever, he's had the same one for 15 or so years, and he used it for work.

Jan. 14, 2008, 2:30 p.m.

Resurected thread: Has anyone here ordered the K24 direct from Fanno? If so, any issues to report? My crappy old saw just didn't cut it yesterday on my seach for blowdown and drains to clear.

i ordered direct from fanno in the summer to get a No 30 big mofo saw. i think it took about 3 weeks but i had them ship USPS so that brokerage is only like 5 bucks. if Pacific Arborist doesn't have what you want, you'd may as well order direct.

To keep with the resurrection…

I think you can get the K-24 sharpened. The guy told me when I bought it that it's a saw that will last forever, he's had the same one for 15 or so years, and he used it for work.

DaveM, yeah the saws will last forever but they definitely get dull … i have one that is almost 3 years old and it needs some love … it really sucks compared to my sharp saws. in theory you can sharpen them yourself but i thought PD or JP mentioned theres some place on commercial that'll do it for like 15 bucks …

Jan. 14, 2008, 7:40 p.m.

on the topic of saws, i got this Silky Ibuki a couple months ago. its 16" long and cuts real fast and has a pimp scabbard….arrrrr. Highly recommend it. Runs around 80 bux. The saw blade is replaceable for 50 bux as well as sharpenable.

River City Cycle Club - www.rivercitycycle.ca

Comox Valley Mountain Biking - www.cvmtb.com

Jan. 15, 2008, 12:09 p.m.

Thanks TheGiggler, I will check out Pacific Arborist to see if they have one.