Lee Valley doesn't have the saw

Sept. 19, 2006, 1:22 p.m.

Someone, I think Giggler, posted a picture of an amazing saw recently in another thread. It's got a handle on one end only, is curved (cutting is done with the concaved edge) and has very aggressive teeth with really good spacing for removing saw dust. It looks like an amazing tool and a great alternative to a chainsaw which I never really derive the satisfaction from using as others do, not to mention it's impossible to use in proximity to urban areas. Sorry, bit of a tangent there…

Anyways, I want to get this saw but Lee Valley doesn't have them. I spoke to a couple long-time employees and while we were able to communicate on the type of tool that I was looking for, they said that they haven't had something like that for a long time.

So, where can I find a nice saw like this?

-m

Sept. 19, 2006, 1:29 p.m.

Fanno K24 Saw

Pacific Arbourist in North Van apparently carries them.
http://www.pacificarborist.com/

Let me know if you're going out there, I'd like one too.

Sept. 19, 2006, 1:36 p.m.

Thanks Dave that's the one. I'll be getting one real soon. That Tree Saw With Gullets on pg 21 of their catalog is exactly what I'm looking for. You too or you like the Pull Cutting Saw?

-m

Sept. 19, 2006, 1:39 p.m.

That's exactly the one I want, the K24. If you can find how what they're worth, I'll give you some $$. That's if you're heading out that way.

Sept. 19, 2006, 1:42 p.m.

I'll pick one up for you too and we can square up after. I'll let you know when I get them.

-m

Sept. 19, 2006, 1:43 p.m.

Thanks!!

Sept. 19, 2006, 1:44 p.m.

Yeah would love to know how much they are!

Thanks,

Dan

www.steedcycles.com

Sept. 19, 2006, 2:07 p.m.

they're around $50 at Pacific Arborist, if they have them in stock.

i really like the Pull action as it means you can cut logs from the underneath quite easily. this comes in handy when you want to cut a long suspended log in the middle that will pinch with any handsaw when cutting only from the top.

Dan, let's talk to Sharon and others about these saws. i think we should order direct from Fanno … i need one of the big mofos and another K-24 as mine is a few years old and startign to get a little dull

Sept. 19, 2006, 2:10 p.m.

i really like the Pull action as it means you can cut logs from the underneath quite easily. this comes in handy when you want to cut a long suspended log in the middle that will pinch with any handsaw when cutting only from the top.

Dan, let's talk to Sharon and others about these saws. i think we should order direct from Fanno … i need one of the big mofos and another K-24 as mine is a few years old and startign to get a little dull

PM sent!

www.steedcycles.com

Sept. 19, 2006, 3:54 p.m.

Dieters got the 'in' at Pacific Arborist, and he's tax free!

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

Sept. 19, 2006, 3:55 p.m.

Dieter…

Did I ever tell you that you are my bestest friend in the whole world?

LOL!

See you all this evening!

Dan

www.steedcycles.com

Sept. 19, 2006, 4:13 p.m.

Can someone post up the link to a pic of the saw?

Some trail builders out here would be interested in a good saw.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Sept. 19, 2006, 5:30 p.m.

Dieters got the 'in' at Pacific Arborist, and he's tax free!

that may be but Ken orderd a saw about a year ago and we have yet to see it

i'm thinking if you want things they dont have (i.e. big mofo saws) then its gonna be a lot easier to order direct

Sept. 19, 2006, 10:22 p.m.

Just heard back from the customer service rep at PA - the saws will be in stock in approximately 4 weeks. $65.29 each. DaveT we'll touch base again later but as it stands now Ill pick one up for you too and then you can pay me back when I give it to you…

-m

Sept. 19, 2006, 10:34 p.m.

enduramil - fanno k24