Langley Mountain Bike Association meeting

Jan. 7, 2015, 9:28 p.m.

Wow it's been a long time since I've posted on NSMB.

This thread is of interest to anybody who lives in Langley. There are 2 parks that were built and are maintained in the township by the LMBA. Those would be the Willoughby and the Aldergrove parks. The LMBA and the parks were all created by one man Russ Simpson. He's been a hard worker and has gotten more kids onto 2 wheels than anyone I know. But he's been at it for more than a decade and he deserves a rest, so he has just recently retired from the position of president.

I've been "promoted" from VP to president (wooo!)

Some of you might remember me, I've been away for quite a while, it's a bit of a long story.

ANYWAY, with the new changes made to the board and with the current state of the parks in Langley the LMBA is looking at making some changes to ourselves as a group. We'd like feedback from riders in the area, and we'd love to see some new blood out at the meetings. We have a new website we'll be launching soon, and we want feedback on what people want from our organization.

We are going to have a meeting on January the 14th, if anyone is interested please PM me and I will send you the details. If you can't make it to that please leave a comment on the thread.

I just wanted to add that Russ Simpson is awesome, and I hope I can do even half as good a job as he did. Hope he enjoys his free time!

alright!!!

Jan. 13, 2015, 10:38 a.m.

Congrats on the position!
I have to say that Russ was awesome. I remember working with him a decade ago during the planning stage of the Willoughby park. He had some serious obstacles to overcome and worked out solutions that showed his passion and drive. The park itself is great. Both the dirt, and wood pumptrack are fun to ride and the balances have kept my kids going since day one.

Can you please pm the info for tomorrow?
I'm not sure what our kid's sport schedule is going to be like, but if I'm free it would be cool to see what is going on now.

Jan. 13, 2015, 12:03 p.m.

We're going to have to bump the meeting, not enough people are available.

alright!!!

Jan. 14, 2015, 9:46 a.m.

sub'd for future updates