Know who maintains C Buster

July 12, 2009, 7:44 p.m.

I am looking for the person who maintains C Buster. I live at the
bottom of Seymour and I would like to adopt and/or do some maintanence to the trail. I figured I should probably ask for permission first. Any help you can give would be great. Thanks!!

Mike

July 12, 2009, 8:01 p.m.

Lee and I did a bunch of work on the switchbacks a few years ago. Mark Rowe has done a bunch of work at the top and he keep the trail clear of blow down.

Lee and I block braids that show up, especially on the switchbacks when they appear. The trail doesn't need a lot of work, people don't seem to ride it much since it has some pedaling on it.

What kind of work were you thinking?

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

July 12, 2009, 10:47 p.m.

i agree, i don't think it needs any work.

July 13, 2009, 9:31 a.m.

I rode it a few weeks back after not hitting it in ages. It's def got the old school feel now and you can tell it's gotten a little love now [HTML_REMOVED] again. The only thing that seemed in disrepair was the long windy ladder section @ the start. Boy oh boy has the gnarly corner ~ 1/2 way down gotten gnarlier.

July 13, 2009, 9:36 a.m.

yah but that corner has always been that same character. I staked in a bunch of deadfall so that the pussies who cut that corner won't cut it again unless they want to work for it.

Could use a saw for the ladders and the green wood I guess

July 13, 2009, 9:41 a.m.

Yeah I saw the cut line had gotten worked in and that it had been blocked off but good. To my eyes that corner, while always mean, looks to have grown a lot meaner over the past winter. Overall it's nice to see how little trails that don't get ridden much (meaning: not on the convenient location for shuttling laps without any pedaling) stay the same.

To the people fixing the trail up on occasion, thanks for sprinkling pine needles along the way- gives it a nice rustic touch!

July 13, 2009, 9:43 a.m.

needs some berms.

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

July 13, 2009, 11:21 a.m.

Yeah I saw the cut line had gotten worked in and that it had been blocked off but good. To my eyes that corner, while always mean, looks to have grown a lot meaner over the past winter. Overall it's nice to see how little trails that don't get ridden much (meaning: not on the convenient location for shuttling laps without any pedaling) stay the same.

To the people fixing the trail up on occasion, thanks for sprinkling pine needles along the way- gives it a nice rustic touch!

every year it gets a rake or deadfall gets kicked out of the way and its about the same. Nice to see natural is still appreciated

July 13, 2009, 11:24 a.m.

I'd still like to see someone ride that line. Too gnar-bar for this weeny or anyone I've ridden that trail with

July 13, 2009, 12:11 p.m.

hey megrim. If you'd like to work on it - please drop me a pm.

Dave - just to be clear I wasn't saying that you're a pussy for not riding the corner. I was just annoyed that some people were braiding the line (i call it concussion corner btw)

July 13, 2009, 12:34 p.m.

pics of this uber-gnar corner?

Bicycles!

July 13, 2009, 3:02 p.m.

I'd still like to see someone ride that line. Too gnar-bar for this weeny or anyone I've ridden that trail with

Lee's ridden, but its gotten worse over the years and Lee isn't high up there when it comes to judgement…

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

July 13, 2009, 3:38 p.m.

hey megrim. If you'd like to work on it - please drop me a pm.

Dave - just to be clear I wasn't saying that you're a pussy for not riding the corner. I was just annoyed that some people were braiding the line (i call it concussion corner btw)

I wasn't taking any offense to that at all Lee. That's a hairball line and I honestly would love to see someone even attempt it.

July 13, 2009, 3:38 p.m.

Lee's ridden, but its gotten worse over the years and Lee isn't high up there when it comes to judgement…

nice one :lol:

July 13, 2009, 7:14 p.m.

Lee, vid?

Please let me demonstrate the ride around; really it's no trouble.