i feel stoopid-er

March 9, 2011, 10:29 a.m.

The log ride everyone is discussing is just after the uphill section past the intersection with Will's Way heading East towards Old Buck. It is off on the side with an on ramp that used to be quite tricky.

Thanks for all the support everyone. I know that 99% of people like the work that has been done on the trail. As I said before, it is a really hard trail to work on simply because of the number of people who use it. Not just bikers either, but hikers and dog walkers use the trail a lot. With that in mind, the new work is going to be focused on providing options for people to pass and to avoid people who are coming in the other direction. This isn't "dumbing down", but rather responding to the needs and interests of people who use the trail.

And like I said before, when a group of riders comes up to the modified log ride, I'm now seeing over 80% of them riding the log, when in the past it would have been less than 20%.

;)

March 9, 2011, 12:56 p.m.

I rode the Bridle Path last night so got to see the new work, gotta say, I thought it looked good! Thankyou Matt!

www.essentialcycles.com | www.essentialcycles.shop 

Service, Sales & Repair Shop, Mountain Bike Rentals, Coaching & Guiding

March 9, 2011, 1:08 p.m.

last time i rode the bridal path, 2 women were discussing their strategy for riding the log ride on my way out, and there was a guy riding it with a big grin on his face on my way back. he shouted "way better!" as he rolled by. i enjoyed it both ways - totally in line with the rest of the trail. if you need more positive feedback matt just set up a video/audio cam on the west side of the log on a sunny winter day, and bask in all the smiles you see and the :woot:s you hear

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

March 13, 2011, 4:11 p.m.

Thanks for all your hard work! I love how the trail flows now! :D

March 14, 2011, 3:01 p.m.

any pics of before and after

Please let me demonstrate the ride around; really it's no trouble.

March 15, 2011, 12:57 p.m.

Punky Brewster before:

and after:

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

March 15, 2011, 1:59 p.m.

Thanks Bryce!

The guys smirk on the left presumably reflects his supporting role?

Please let me demonstrate the ride around; really it's no trouble.