Goovula

Sept. 2, 2011, 8:42 p.m.

I'm interested in refurbishing groovula (if it hasn't been slated for reclaimation by the District). I've emailed the NSMBA and have not got a reply. Does anyone know the status of the trail? …and who should I be contacting to get the ok?

Thanks

My dog Rules! He rides more stunts than U!

Sept. 2, 2011, 8:49 p.m.

If I remember correctly, it's slated for decommissioning.

Someone went in and did a bunch of unauthorized work a couple of years ago and it all got removed.

Sept. 2, 2011, 9:02 p.m.

yea far as I heard that trail was given up for the greater good…

similar to starfish , but I think starfish is slated to return at some point

Sept. 2, 2011, 9:41 p.m.

Hmm…Starfish is being rebuilt, but it's just taking _forever___. They should get Digger in there to get it done!

As for Groovula…I hope there's still hope. It could be super fun, and w/ all the executioner work it'd prob. be ridden a fair bit after people exit down that side of the hill.

Sept. 3, 2011, 1:18 a.m.

Groovula got decommissioned because of the size of the stunts, the location of said stunts (between residential area and BP), and the builders didn't have a permit. You can't build stunts this size so close to the general public. It's just asking for trouble!

If I were you, I would wait for an answer from NSMBA and I would also contact Graham Knell at the DNV to let him know what you have in mind for that trail.

Otherwise it could be a waste of your time and money…

didnt know nsmb was only for pros

its not, its only for dicks.

My Flickr

Sept. 3, 2011, 10:19 a.m.

Some jumps still remain on the trail, either not decommissioned, or rebuilt after; they looked rather fresh to me.

Sept. 3, 2011, 3:47 p.m.

Fresh is a stretch…but in some areas it just needs some dirt and love from somebody to bring it back.

How long does one normally have to wait for the NSMBA to reply?

Sept. 6, 2011, 9 p.m.

NSMBA is run by vollies - have patience. They will get back to you soon enough. you have all winter for trail work go riding while its good!

Sept. 7, 2011, 10:04 a.m.

Amen gonna be the best Sept for riding to date!!

NSMBA is run by vollies - have patience. They will get back to you soon enough. you have all winter for trail work go riding while its good!

Sept. 8, 2011, 8:35 a.m.

Fresh is a stretch…but in some areas it just needs some dirt and love from somebody to bring it back.

How long does one normally have to wait for the NSMBA to reply?

Sept 4 - We have sent you an email as well as a PM.

web: nsmba.ca
email: [email protected]

Trails for all, trails forever.