Golden Ears Park Management Plan

Oct. 26, 2014, 9:10 p.m.

The same issue is going to come up with Sumas Mountain Regional park. While there is a lot of potential for mountain biking on the west side of the park between Sumas Mountain Road and Clayburn, the intent is going to be hiking trails only. Imagine a route from the top of the mountain to CLayburn or from the top of the mountain to Page Road in Matsqui. Having met with the senior management from Metro parks, there an apparent dislike of mountain biking.

Oct. 26, 2014, 10:17 p.m.

The same issue is going to come up with Sumas Mountain Regional park. While there is a lot of potential for mountain biking on the west side of the park between Sumas Mountain Road and Clayburn, the intent is going to be hiking trails only. Imagine a route from the top of the mountain to CLayburn or from the top of the mountain to Page Road in Matsqui. Having met with the senior management from Metro parks, there an apparent dislike of mountain biking.

Good thing that some of the first legal, established MTB trails in BC are on Sumas then.

Nov. 3, 2014, 10 a.m.

I'm under the impression that the equestrian groups were well represented at all of the public meetings

I went to the open house in Maple Ridge and there was definitely a large contingent of horse people. Can't say how much leverage they had at the meeting as it was really for information only supposedly.
The horse groups would really prefer to have the whole of Golden Ears to themselves so they can continue to clean their horse trailers for free at the Corral parking area, and destroy trails at will.

Nov. 4, 2014, 3:20 p.m.

Bro, do you even do bikes anymore? Am I talking to a ghost?

"It's, like, so much fun."

Nov. 5, 2014, 9:28 a.m.

Bro, do you even do bikes anymore? Am I talking to a ghost?

Well I still have a bike, trail running mostly at the moment. I dressed as a ghost at Halloween but I never made it to your house.