Fromme: Singletrack climbing trail.

April 6, 2015, 3:09 p.m.

Pingu Pints !

April 9, 2015, 8:28 a.m.

There are sections of ascent trails and two way trails that can be linked up to climb up.

Some are currently open. Some new work will be opened later this spring once it's finished.

Here is what is open.

http://www.trailforks.com/route/climbing-to-fun-times/

Error, route no longer exists.

April 9, 2015, 8:43 a.m.

Error, route no longer exists.

Could this be the new route:

http://www.trailforks.com/route/no-quarter-fromme-climbing-route/map/

April 9, 2015, 11:03 a.m.

http://nsmba.ca/content/2015-04_spring-2015-trail-updates

Nice!!!!

Shed head!

April 9, 2015, 4:53 p.m.

Cool! That's completely different than the route I'd expected!

April 9, 2015, 7:20 p.m.

I rode the new climb to dream weaver the other night. what a great route! Big thanks to all who made it happen.

April 11, 2015, 6:35 p.m.

Rode the whole climbing trail today…actually, that's a lie as there are many steep, rocky, rooty sections that had me pushing on the old Dreamweaver line.
However, the new sections are sublime. Many many many thanks to those involved.

Curious what stage 4-6 will involve!

April 11, 2015, 8:20 p.m.

Me too. Rode from the tennis courts all the way to the middle of Executioner. Awesome. Can't wait to see what comes next.

Note: The section of the climber between St. Mary's and the skid road (where Dreamweaver intersects) - I encountered many riders coming downhill through here at high speed (7 riders in 3 groups). They all seemed to think that section was a legit descending option preferable to the actual lower section of Dreamweaver (which, admittedly is a bit blown out). So beware of incoming riders.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

April 11, 2015, 9:03 p.m.

The only part of that I have trouble with is right after it gets onto BP. There is a quick uphill after the little bridge that is too difficult for me… are others able to make it??? Other than that it is fantastic. Kudos to the trail builders!

April 11, 2015, 10:13 p.m.

Me too. Rode from the tennis courts all the way to the middle of Executioner. Awesome. Can't wait to see what comes next.

Note: The section of the climber between St. Mary's and the skid road (where Dreamweaver intersects) - I encountered many riders coming downhill through here at high speed (7 riders in 3 groups). They all seemed to think that section was a legit descending option preferable to the actual lower section of Dreamweaver (which, admittedly is a bit blown out). So beware of incoming riders.

It is for sure a bit confusing there. In fact, the 2013 Toonies that ran down Dreamweaver used those switchbacks as part of the stage. Now that it is climbing primary, perhaps more signage is needed, as well as more signage at the turnoff to old lower Dreamweaver, which isn't hard to miss.

April 11, 2015, 11:08 p.m.

It is for sure a bit confusing there. In fact, the 2013 Toonies that ran down Dreamweaver used those switchbacks as part of the stage. Now that it is climbing primary, perhaps more signage is needed, as well as more signage at the turnoff to old lower Dreamweaver, which isn't hard to miss.

So this particular section is climbing primary, or climbing only? If the later, everybody needs to exit old Lower DW? There are a lot of folks that like to noodle up the lower climbs and just come back around and down 'new DW' (or St Mary's?), because basically they would die going down Lower DW and Lower Boundary;)

April 11, 2015, 11:31 p.m.

So this particular section is climbing primary, or climbing only? If the later, everybody needs to exit old Lower DW? There are a lot of folks that like to noodle up the lower climbs and just come back around and down 'new DW' (or St Mary's?), because basically they would die going down Lower DW and Lower Boundary;)

I believe this is the section in question: http://www.trailforks.com/trails/skid-rd-connector/

The description states, "This trail is primarily a climbing route but also serves as a descent to return to St. Mary's/Braemar zone. As it is two way, please watch for traffic in both directions. Courtesy has right of way and as per the original vision, uphill traffic takes precedence. Ride in control and look ahead."

April 12, 2015, 7:30 a.m.

I believe this is the section in question: http://www.trailforks.com/trails/skid-rd-connector/

The description states, "This trail is primarily a climbing route but also serves as a descent to return to St. Mary's/Braemar zone. As it is two way, please watch for traffic in both directions. Courtesy has right of way and as per the original vision, uphill traffic takes precedence. Ride in control and look ahead."

Yeah that's the spot. I guess the desire to use that section of the climber to descend is indicative of the need for a more moderate descent in that area. I guess revamping lower Dreamweaver is the simplest way to do that?

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

April 12, 2015, 7:49 a.m.

"Phase 3 has twinned sections of Dreamweaver for directional use and re-aligned the old Executioner exit to utilize as climbing access."

What does "twinned sections of Dreamweaver" mean? Is there both an uphill and downhill route that run parallel to each other?

April 12, 2015, 9 a.m.

Oh dreamweaver heads off in many directions! I have only passed a few people ever on that trail because there are options all over the place! :)