Fromme: Singletrack climbing trail.

Feb. 28, 2015, 7:30 a.m.

Technical climbing is the new enduro.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

Feb. 28, 2015, 8:46 a.m.

Technical climbing is the new enduro.

Like black is the new white, or flow is the new chunder, or smooth is the new dorp to falt.

Perhaps the bikes most now ride bring that out. I definitely like to challenge myself to make a section that I haven't in the past, much more for me than improving my climbing time up Mtn Hwy or up Old Buck.

Feb. 28, 2015, 10:22 a.m.

Poor form Rod-climbing up descent trails? You're going to get someone hurt.
And this from a 'race-organizer'.

Is there a big difference between someone climbing a bike up one of these trails vs. someone hiking or running up them?

I meet people coming up on foot on all the trails Rod mentioned climbing and a lot of trails that aren't climb-able on a bike (where it's even harder to stop?).

It's a shared resource and it behooves riders to be in control at all times?

I, for one, really hope that the trails don't get any more segregated ("Hiking Only" vs. "Biking Only") than they are already… that would certainly mean LESS "Trails For All."

Mean People SUCK! Nice People SHOVEL!

Trails For All; Trails For Weather

Feb. 28, 2015, 10:41 a.m.

I have to agree with Drew on this one. It's on everyone to be in control no matter the orientation of the trail and knowing that there are other trail users; bikers/hikers/walkers who may be able to climb a trail that you think is "downhill only".

I would even venture to say that sections of Salamander, where there are riders travelling downhill into each other on a tight corner, are more dangerous than a climbing AA where the sight lines are great for a climb.

My tuppence as a Seymour local…

Feb. 28, 2015, 5:53 p.m.

Just with people who offer nothing but criticism Nathan.

Then maybe take the high road and make a positive contribution yourself? Especially when you're supposed to be representing the NSMBA. I hope there are others in the NSMBA that counter this negativeness.

I, for one, really hope that the trails don't get any more segregated ("Hiking Only" vs. "Biking Only") than they are already… that would certainly mean LESS "Trails For All."

Yes its interesting how the NSMBA took on such a universal Mission when they're building 'ascent only' 'descent only' mountain bike trails that aren't supposed to be used by hikers.

It will be interesting to see what comes of this hiker/biker conflict in the Dempsey area and if the land managers will designate some trails hiking only and biking only. Biggest question will be how will this be enforced?

Feb. 28, 2015, 6:09 p.m.

Yes its interesting how the NSMBA took on such a universal Mission when they're building 'ascent only' 'descent only' mountain bike trails that aren't supposed to be used by hikers.

In fairness though, some trails such as the climbing trail up to the Baden Powell from Mountainview park are designed for slow speed ascents, not riders skidding down after a ride in order to avoid the rebar punji spikes on the steps after Immonator. This fall/winter has been pretty dry overall, but had it pissed down that trail would be in pretty bad shape as it gets a lot of use as a descent. I walk up that trail pretty much everyday and it doesn't seem to bother anyone.

It will be interesting to see what comes of this hiker/biker conflict in the Dempsey area and if the land managers will designate some trails hiking only and biking only. Biggest question will be how will this be enforced?

I hope not. There's a good chance we'll lose more than we gain, and I like to hike some of the steeper lines on lower Fromme occasionally. It's unenforceable anyway.

March 1, 2015, 10:27 a.m.

Is there a big difference between someone climbing a bike up one of these trails vs. someone hiking or running up them?

I meet people coming up on foot on all the trails Rod mentioned climbing and a lot of trails that aren't climb-able on a bike (where it's even harder to stop?).

It's a shared resource and it behooves riders to be in control at all times?

I don't necessarily support climbing a trail like Expresso. However, I do support personal responsibility in trail use, for all users.

I could not prop this post, but wanted to support it. On all points.

March 1, 2015, 1:01 p.m.

We all should be riding , and using the trails with the idea in mind that we may encounter another user.

Up , down , left or right. Hiking , Biking , trail running ect.

March 1, 2015, 9:15 p.m.

Mean People SUCK! Nice People SHOVEL!

Trails For All; Trails For Weather

March 1, 2015, 9:38 p.m.

Speaking of Fromme, anyone know why there were police, fire, and ambulance up there this morning? Hope everyone is alright.

March 2, 2015, 8:57 a.m.

PS to Rideitall and others: if you end up on a smooth low angle section part way down Dreamweaver, you missed the junction to the original Dreamweaver and are on the climbing route, so give way to uphill riders

I wasn't totally sure what you meant by this until I did it yesterday. I've been exploring the climbing trails regularly and so was very familiar when I got to that junction. The climbing trail comes up from the left and continues along the skidder to a more graded trail. DW continues downhill just to the right of the climber. It would be helpful to adjust the signage at this spot.

March 2, 2015, 9:16 a.m.

I'm sure there will be signs when it's open. It's not even finished yet unless the random bits of trails that I've found dotted around Fromme aren't parts of the climbing trail, but I'm pretty sure that they are.

treezz
wow you are a ass

March 2, 2015, 8:45 p.m.

Uphill only climbing trail is the way , if it was like the one in squamish up to half nelson that would be awesome up to 6th area on fromme.

April 6, 2015, 2:41 p.m.

Sooooo is there an official opening day for the climbing trail?

April 6, 2015, 2:59 p.m.

no, but here's where you can show support and find out what's been going on…