Fromme: Singletrack climbing trail.

Feb. 27, 2015, 1:05 p.m.

There's another conversation that talks about connecting the BP from around where Pipeline and Ladies connect, to the second switchback.

Yes, I saw that and that seems to make sense. I am trying to link up some paths that appear to already be in place, just can't find the route.

Feb. 27, 2015, 1:08 p.m.

I've ridden the official climb from Braemar-Dempsey to the BP (around where Boundary begins) but haven't ridden anything above that. I wonder how much of Dreamweaver is climbable?

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

Feb. 27, 2015, 1:12 p.m.

… I wonder how much of Dreamweaver is climbable?

Would definitely need to keep you head up climbing Dreamweaver as you can get some good speed up coming down that trail and it has a number of little corners.

Feb. 27, 2015, 1:19 p.m.

I've ridden the official climb from Braemar-Dempsey to the BP (around where Boundary begins) but haven't ridden anything above that.

In an earlier part of this thread Oldfart had mentioned: The tough bits are in between Espresso and Oil Can but once you get to Pink Starfish there is good rideable (not easy) trail pretty much all the way to the road. I need to bring a saw though as there was some tree fall last week, but I'd be happy to show you the way.

This is the part where where I am not able to figure out. Might have to do a little more walkin about.

Feb. 27, 2015, 1:53 p.m.

there is no climbing trail beyond the BP yet. Patience.

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Feb. 27, 2015, 3:20 p.m.

I've been hiking a route that comes off an old skidder above the Boundary entrance that eventually winds up coming out at the 6th switchback east of St Georges. I'd say about 85% of it is reasonably climbable; however, I've only hiked it so far and I'd sure I'd be singing a different tune if I had my bike and gear with me lol. I wonder how much of the way I've been taking actually overlaps with routes others are using in this forum. It's obvious to me that people are keeping the route clear. Part way up the route I cross a log carved with FU DNV on it. Is this on anybody elses route? My main problem is I almost always end up following different trails as it's an absolute rats nest on that part of the mountain. ;P

Feb. 27, 2015, 3:33 p.m.

I've been hiking a route that comes off an old skidder above the Boundary entrance that eventually winds up coming out at the 6th switchback east of St Georges. I'd say about 85% of it is reasonably climbable; however, I've only hiked it so far and I'd sure I'd be singing a different tune if I had my bike and gear with me lol. I wonder how much of the way I've been taking actually overlaps with routes others are using in this forum. It's obvious to me that people are keeping the route clear. Part way up the route I cross a log carved with FU DNV on it. Is this on anybody elses route? My main problem is I almost always end up following different trails as it's an absolute rats nest on that part of the mountain. ;P

I've been doing the same sort of thing for a while but find it mostly a hike-a-bike. Not that it bothers me as I just like exploring in the woods. It fits in with the sort of lap that I like to do though and hardly ever park off Mtn Highway any more if riding alone.

treezz
wow you are a ass

Feb. 27, 2015, 3:40 p.m.

Part way up the route I cross a log carved with FU DNV on it. Is this on anybody elses route? My main problem is I almost always end up following different trails as it's an absolute rats nest on that part of the mountain. ;P

yeah that maze of skid roads are the Peugeot trails that were the common green trails back in the 1980s and 1990s (were even on early maps and people rode up them then down them)

I wondered about the FU DNV log carve too. I have cleaned that section going up before the chainsaw vandalism.

from where the new Skid Road climbing reroute meets Baden Powell, look a little east, then the real challenge begins, more for route finding than steepness, when you go by some Pink Starfish structures there are about four 5-way intersections in a row, but after that keep to the skid road traverses, with short connector short cuts until you are about 200 m before Bitchecutioner, then challenging single track (100% rideable) up to the road. Actually the whole route is 99% climbable (maybe 100% for some fit trials guys)

I hope the official plan is not to poodle path the whole thing and to leave some black diamond technical climbs otherwise it will be back to climbing green and blue downhills during off-peak hours for some technical fun

PS to Rideitall and others: if you end up on a smooth low angle section part way down Dreamweaver, you missed the junction to the original Dreamweaver and are on the climbing route, so give way to uphill riders

Feb. 27, 2015, 3:43 p.m.

Could make for a nice lap, climbing off of Dempsey to Baden, across to the area around Boundary and explore. Then up to top of 6th and out to Dreamweaver. I never usually ride all of DW as I normally cut-off from DW to Badel and out to Mtn Hwy. Would be good to ride DW all the way to the bottom.

Feb. 27, 2015, 3:49 p.m.

I've been doing the same sort of thing for a while but find it mostly a hike-a-bike. Not that it bothers me as I just like exploring in the woods. It fits in with the sort of lap that I like to do though and hardly ever park off Mtn Highway any more if riding alone.

Yeah, it's much more interesting than Mtn Hwy, even if I were to push up all the way. Heck, it would be good for the upper body instead of just spinning up the road lol. I like coming across some of the old logging stuff and imagining what it would have been like working up there back in the day. I think I came across an old ox corral on one of the skid roads. Or perhaps I'm just imagining things. I also had no idea Scott's Cabin existed until I started exploring. Pretty neat stuff.

Feb. 27, 2015, 3:54 p.m.

yeah that maze of skid roads are the Peugeot trails that were the common green trails back in the 1980s and 1990s (were even on early maps and people rode up them then down them)

I wondered about the FU DNV log carve too. I have cleaned that section going up before the chainsaw vandalism.

from where the new Skid Road climbing reroute meets Baden Powell, look a little east, then the real challenge begins, more for route finding than steepness, when you go by some Pink Starfish structures there are about four 5-way intersections in a row, but after that keep to the skid road traverses, with short connector short cuts until you are about 200 m before Bitchecutioner, then challenging single track (100% rideable) up to the road. Actually the whole route is 99% climbable (maybe 100% for some fit trials guys)

I hope the official plan is not to poodle path the whole thing and to leave some black diamond technical climbs otherwise it will be back to climbing green and blue downhills during off-peak hours for some technical fun

PS to Rideitall and others: if you end up on a smooth low angle section part way down Dreamweaver, you missed the junction to the original Dreamweaver and are on the climbing route, so give way to uphill riders

Sounds like I'm mostly on the same route as you. I do cross over Pink Starfish and up some single track that then connects with some switcbacking skid roads after FU DNV that are very gradual, and would probably be the only part I'd be able to ride initially. I need to HTFU lol!

Feb. 27, 2015, 4:49 p.m.

I've ridden the official climb from Braemar-Dempsey to the BP (around where Boundary begins) but haven't ridden anything above that. I wonder how much of Dreamweaver is climbable?

I tried to reply to your PM, but it wouldn't let me. I had quite a bit typed too. Anyways, I saved it if you open up your PM box again. :P

Feb. 27, 2015, 5:05 p.m.

Yeah, it's much more interesting than Mtn Hwy, even if I were to push up all the way. Heck, it would be good for the upper body instead of just spinning up the road lol. I like coming across some of the old logging stuff and imagining what it would have been like working up there back in the day. I think I came across an old ox corral on one of the skid roads. Or perhaps I'm just imagining things. I also had no idea Scott's Cabin existed until I started exploring. Pretty neat stuff.

Yep, plenty of stuff up there to make you think "WTF" (Jerry Rig….) or just think:

treezz
wow you are a ass

Feb. 27, 2015, 6:46 p.m.

Don't worry Rod, am sure you'll complain anyway you slice it.

bitter much?

Feb. 27, 2015, 7:03 p.m.

ah no, I'm having great fun
cleaned the Adonis climb, plus upper C Buster and even up that rock in the dip near the top of Severed: YEE HAW
have almost cleaned Expresso with the new reroute, just one strata dab (I guess I'll have to night ride to get another chance)
so keep up the good work in providing new climbing challenges for the ~40 different people I ride with, the more the better