flattening trails

Oct. 29, 2006, 2:48 p.m.

Is there a bad karma about it? Theres a multi use trail (ie bikes, walkers) round where i stay and some kids have built a couple or seriously shoddy jumps on it. They're really just mud, and the trail though possibly sutible for it gets far too much trafic to relly sustain them. Also they're on the main line and you really cant detour them if your pinning. I personally think theyre a safety issue. So next week i want to flatten them not cause i hate jumps just these are sh1t and i feel someone might hurt themselves on them. Is it right to do and I would really like to talk to the kids who did and explain but the trail gets so much use I wouldnt know who it was.

What does everyone think

Oct. 29, 2006, 2:56 p.m.

Is there a bad karma about it? Theres a multi use trail (ie bikes, walkers) round where i stay and some kids have built a couple or seriously shoddy jumps on it. They're really just mud, and the trail though possibly sutible for it gets far too much trafic to relly sustain them. Also they're on the main line and you really cant detour them if your pinning. I personally think theyre a safety issue. So next week i want to flatten them not cause i hate jumps just these are sh1t and i feel someone might hurt themselves on them. Is it right to do and I would really like to talk to the kids who did and explain but the trail gets so much use I wouldnt know who it was.

What does everyone think

I'd do it.

Oct. 29, 2006, 3:56 p.m.

i say rip 'em down

Oct. 29, 2006, 9:19 p.m.

get them to help you. then shoot bottle rockets at them.

Oct. 29, 2006, 9:29 p.m.

if you can, talk to the kids that built them first. If you don't, they'll just rebuild them.

Oct. 30, 2006, 2:33 a.m.

But i dont know who did them. There isnt a real tight mountain bike community that you see out digging out everyweekend. People just come and go as they please and the jumps look as if they took 5 minuets to make

Oct. 30, 2006, 10:09 a.m.

if you can, talk to the kids that built them first. If you don't, they'll just rebuild them.

sure, if you can…

otherwise after they get their jumps trashed a few times they will get the hint and move on …

Oct. 30, 2006, 12:42 p.m.

Leave em a note beside where the jumps used to be when you are done (visible like so they can find it!).

I have 21,474,850 rep points...

My blog - read it!

http://www.citizenclass.ca

Oct. 30, 2006, 2:17 p.m.

Yeah thought about grafiting fuck huckers over the trial, then thought thats nasty, they might tell there mummies. But yeah a note is a good idea. Might laminate one and attach round a tree.