Fence at bottom of Ledgeview

Nov. 22, 2013, 7:49 p.m.

Hey all, I haven't ridden Ledgeview in about 4 years and I just went for a rip up there the other day. I started at the top by the benches, checked out the lovely view of Sumas prairie and Highway 1 from the cliff, continued on down the mountain and crossed a barbed wire fence by riding up a steep ladder bridge, then a little further I crossed a small creek on a freshly rebuilt ladder bridge, then shortly after that hooked into the lower section of SOB. Then I found out that there is a subdivision down by the waterfall. Turned around and found the old trail back, followed it down to Whatcom road…which 4 years ago never used to carry through! And I was separated from the road by a 10 foot tall fence! So I ended up climbing the fence with my bike and then riding the Lost Oakleys trail, and then back up to my truck. It was a pretty enjoyable ride, but the fence thing really threw me off. Is there a legitimate entry/exit point somewhere in the fence and I just missed it by a km or two? Also does anybody know what the trail I described is called?

Nov. 23, 2013, 7:59 a.m.

There are ways around the fence. Now trying to describe Ledgeview over the internet, that's another story.

This map isn't up to date with the road construction, but it may help.

http://www.fvmba.com/trail-conditions/ledgeview-2/

Fraser Valley Mountain Bikers Assoc.

Nov. 26, 2013, 6:40 p.m.

Haha, ok. I took a closer look at that map, it's been a few years since I saw one last. I think the trail I'm referring to is first Little Butt, and then Hidden Valley. Great trail! Gonna have to check out these Flinstones and Autobahn trails now!

Nov. 27, 2013, 8:26 p.m.

My usual route from the tower is Little Butt, Hidden Valley to Flinstones, Spawn of Boulderdash, and the Autobahn.

Fraser Valley Mountain Bikers Assoc.

Nov. 27, 2013, 9:11 p.m.

That's a fun route.