Executioner

Sept. 3, 2011, 1:13 a.m.

Just an FYI. I came down Executioner tonight. About 2/3 of the way down there used to be a short steep slab type ramp off of a log crossing and drop. That ramp is now gone! Anyone expecting it to be there is in for a surprise. I can't tell if it was vandalism or done by the trail crew.

???

Photos? Not sure which section you are talking about

didnt know nsmb was only for pros

its not, its only for dicks.

My Flickr

Sept. 3, 2011, 8:29 a.m.

The rework on Executioner is first rate. Not black diamond right now, but as it wears in, it'll earn it's rating.

it was good enough to throw me over the bars a couple of weeks ago!

Sept. 3, 2011, 12:09 p.m.

Just an FYI. I came down Executioner tonight. About 2/3 of the way down there used to be a short steep slab type ramp off of a log crossing and drop. That ramp is now gone! Anyone expecting it to be there is in for a surprise. I can't tell if it was vandalism or done by the trail crew.

I know that one…a log across with a drop, you can't really see over until you're on it…the flat wood slab was on the left side, i think. I'll try to get up there later today to check.

Sept. 5, 2011, 3:11 p.m.

I know the spot. There was a slppery log ramp before the work was started, then that was gone and replaced by that small slab wood ramp. It was there after the work was completed than I noticed Tuesday last that it was missing. Might have been missing a couple weeks before too.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

Sept. 5, 2011, 3:57 p.m.

Hey James, it's just after the trail does the turn back to the west, after heading east for quite a ways. Is a more permanent ramp planned? I really appreciate all the effort that has gone into the trail, such a fun, long descent now!

Sept. 5, 2011, 8:20 p.m.

I'm still trying to figure out what ramp is being spoken of…. For some reason I can't remember where or what it is :cry:

There is a big log across that was leveled and rounded to make it into a drop but keep rollable'ish. What you guys are talking about is shortly before DW??? Or closer to the bridge joining Executioner into what used to be Old Bitches???

As for any more work on Executioner, we are done. We got laid-off last Friday…

My Flickr

Sept. 5, 2011, 10:19 p.m.

Too bad about the lay off! Yep, i'm thinking the former, shortly before DW, kinda rollable'ish, I saw the wood slab was sorta tossed off to the left side. Thought of putting it in place, but needs some nailing, me thinks, to make it safe.

Sept. 5, 2011, 10:26 p.m.

James, its the last steep pitch before the old flat skinny that was falling apart before your new reroute before DW.

You guys took out a bunch of ladders after a log ride on the left, a natural line was on the right. A short solid piece of cedar tongue was put in as a downramp in its place. It was not secure. I'm surprised it stayed there as long as it did!

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

Sept. 6, 2011, 8:40 a.m.

James, its the last steep pitch before the old flat skinny that was falling apart before your new reroute before DW.

You guys took out a bunch of ladders after a log ride on the left, a natural line was on the right. A short solid piece of cedar tongue was put in as a downramp in its place. It was not secure. I'm surprised it stayed there as long as it did!

Bam.. just came to me where this is. The down ramp was moved about 1 foot to the riders left - no longer serving as a ramp. I think it'd be fine without though I like to drop this spot and the ramp was slightly off line and a potential pedal catcher if you weren't careful. Maybe just a couple rocks to facilitate rolling through.

Thanks to the folks that have been hard at work on these trails. Lots of gnarly fun.

Sept. 11, 2011, 7:55 p.m.

holyyyy Executioner is a fun trail. Plowed through it on the DH bike this evening and it is fast and loose! Shame it only lasts like 5 minutes though… and then the 25 minute bitch of an xc ride back to the car on my Demo :lol: Thanks for all the work!

nobody is this dumb.

Sept. 11, 2011, 8:51 p.m.

top notch work… trail flows 100% percent better. Riders complaining it's not "Black Diamond" should go faster. Best trail on Fromme right now. Really stoked on this trail.

:canada:

Sept. 12, 2011, 11:11 a.m.

Yes, really good job I am still stoked from yesterday.

Shredding hypothetical gnarr

Sept. 13, 2011, 7:01 a.m.

I really enjoyed the dead skunk. (maybe on dw). An owl must have attacked it and there is skunk hair spread everywhere and nothing else. I did find the tail. I wanted to keep it and make Davy cricket hat but gf said no.

Sept. 13, 2011, 8:54 a.m.

Riders complaining it's not "Black Diamond" should go faster.

I echo this statement.

It's a great line and you can make it as hard as you want… use less brakes. Better for the trail, more fun, more challenge, more better?

Sept. 13, 2011, 6:40 p.m.

Plus more better yes :D

My Flickr