Executioner

June 12, 2012, 4:23 p.m.

I would say that you represent a small but vocal representation of the riding population.

:canada:

June 12, 2012, 4:53 p.m.

+1 for TAP

How the trails are now is not how they used to be. Once upon a time there was a layer of dirt on top of the rocks the wooden ramps were not all rotten and dangerous…..this has changed.

June 12, 2012, 5 p.m.

What most people are referring to as technical and challenging, is just eroded and unmaintained.

yes, one could think of it as eroded and unmaintained.

however, one could also think of some of it as nature and mtb'er coming together to create unique trail features that probably wouldn't or couldn't be duplicated if a builder tried. once those types of trail sections are "repaired" they're gone forever.

there's no doubt that some of the pictured sections needed work and the work looks great, but i've also ridden over numerous examples of sections that have been fixed and are less enjoyable afterwards than before.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

June 12, 2012, 5:03 p.m.

Probably because you spent an extra half minute pulling your wedged bars outta this…

:lol:

Where is this?

June 12, 2012, 5:38 p.m.

i've also ridden over numerous examples of sections that have been fixed and are less enjoyable afterwards than before.

any pictured examples of before and after ? Maybe it was done to make the trail more sustainable ?

June 12, 2012, 5:50 p.m.

Yes nature and unmaintained like the trash left all over Salvation. The has-been is yapping again. Go ahead whine about all past glories when you built trails and didn't just e-talk about it on the Internet. Go ahead and torpedo people actually doing things instead of just spraying about it.

June 12, 2012, 5:50 p.m.

any pictured examples of before and after ? Maybe it was done to make the trail more sustainable or are you just yapping again ?

no, no pics unfortunately as i don't have photos of all my favourite rocks and roots scattered across the shore. are the new lines more sustainable? possibly for some sections, i'd say not for others.

as for my yapping; if you can't handle people voicing their opinions in a respectful manner and have some sort of discussion simply because the ideas don't mesh with yours then maybe you should shut your own yapping piehole.

lol - too slow on the edit there jer.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

June 12, 2012, 5:55 p.m.

At least a bunch of us are part of solution and not part of the problem. You do a lot of yapping and not much else.

June 12, 2012, 5:59 p.m.

Yes nature and unmaintained like the trash left all over Salvation. The has-been is yapping again. Go ahead whine about all past glories when you built trails and didn't just e-talk about it on the Internet. Go ahead and torpedo people actually doing things instead of just spraying about it.

what past glories have i whined about here? how did my last post/point torpedo anything? what i did was bring up an alternate viewpoint to the one that biggles suggested.

if your reading comprehension was on par with your ability to twist things around you might have noticed that i applauded some of the necessary work posted here. or would it be better if i sat you on my knee and held your hand next time and explained things in a more simple language that you might be able to understand?

Ellen Langer

June 12, 2012, 6:01 p.m.

At least i'm a part of solution and not part of the problem.

too slow on the edit again :)

hey man, good on you for putting in the work. but, are you insinuating i'm part of the problem?

Ellen Langer

June 12, 2012, 6:05 p.m.

Where is this?

that's on the lower section of corkscrew, about 100m past where you'd turn off to head down to ned's.

over time as the trees have gotten bigger and bars have gotten wider the trees have become more damaged. they don't need to be tho as that sections represents a skill move where you need to do a quick shuffle with the bars to clear the tree.

Ellen Langer

June 12, 2012, 6:34 p.m.

Can't you guys just meet in the parking lot at 3pm tomorrow?

June 12, 2012, 6:44 p.m.

At least a bunch of us are part of solution and not part of the problem. You do a lot of yapping and not much else.

wow - you've been a busy boy with the editing there jer. it's mildly amusing.

i think the time i've put in over the years has more than earned me the right to do some yapping.

Ellen Langer

June 12, 2012, 7:02 p.m.

Very true… Lol. The land managers have building guidelines we have to follow for TAP and can't really detour off of it. I should probably seek anger management… ;-)

June 12, 2012, 9:45 p.m.

I should probably seek anger management… ;-)

I hear trail building is good for that…

:)