Executioner

Aug. 17, 2011, 9:27 p.m.

The new work is awesome. Thanks guys.

Aug. 17, 2011, 9:29 p.m.

we rode DW , but only the part above BP, it didn't seem that bad to me

That's the fun and flowy part. It's not nearly as clean after the BP/St Georges crossings.

flickr

Aug. 17, 2011, 9:49 p.m.

So the trick is to hit Dreamweaver down to the BP? We rode it on Saturday but followed it right down to the BP which made for a bit of a slog heading back east to Digger.

Aug. 17, 2011, 10:30 p.m.

So the trick is to hit Dreamweaver down to the BP? We rode it on Saturday but followed it right down to the BP which made for a bit of a slog heading back east to Digger.

I think that's the recommended route in Wade and Sharon's book, if that means anything.

flickr

Aug. 18, 2011, 8:26 a.m.

I did a similar ride but cut over to Boundary. May be one of new favorite laps on Fromme!

Aug. 18, 2011, 9:23 a.m.

There are a couple very short steep pitches but it is all ride able. One of my favourite loops right now. Park at Dempsey Braemar up that trail and either ride the "climb" or cross to Mtn Hwy on BP and up to Exi-bitches Cutioner, DW, BP, DB to the car. Under an hour and a half.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

Aug. 18, 2011, 10:17 a.m.

I did a similar ride but cut over to Boundary. May be one of new favorite laps on Fromme!

did that loop last night; fun lap. haven't been on boundary for years; amazed there's still structures that haven't yet been chainsawed. not much left of groovula now; i was getting all nostalgic and stuff.

Aug. 18, 2011, 11:14 a.m.

I thought the upper section was exquisite.
Lower DW suffers from poor alignment but that's about to change.

Exquisite? Did you ride it several years ago? Perhaps I noticed more because I got stuck behind Oldfarts dog and wasn't pinning it on Tuesday night, but upper DW is showing definite signs of needing love before it goes completely to crap.

Fixing the lower alignment sounds like a good plan.

Aug. 18, 2011, 12:46 p.m.

Exquisite? Did you ride it several years ago? Perhaps I noticed more because I got stuck behind Oldfarts dog and wasn't pinning it on Tuesday night, but upper DW is showing definite signs of needing love before it goes completely to crap.

Fixing the lower alignment sounds like a good plan.

That dog is well trained. I would have won a lot more XC races back in the day if had him on my team.

Aug. 18, 2011, 12:51 p.m.

That dog is well trained. I would have won a lot more XC races back in the day if had him on my team.

I rode with a guy back east that had a Husky. Amazing training dog, the fitter and faster you got the fitter and faster the dog got and you could never really catch up.

Aug. 18, 2011, 2:50 p.m.

I rode with a guy back east that had a Husky. Amazing training dog, the fitter and faster you got the fitter and faster the dog got and you could never really catch up.

That's my other dog. He's a thin agile black lab and fast. He is almost cured of dragging sticks (logs) onto the trail. Had another dog a while back that put a stick in my wheel a couple times before she (I) learned not to do that. Must have looked comical. Me on a pointy rocks, bike a few metres back with one spoke with a kink in it, dog sitting watching me swear with a stick on the ground in front of her. "This stick? No master I have never seen this stick with teeth marks and a crease from a spoke in it ever before. Not me."

Aug. 18, 2011, 7:25 p.m.

I love the new re-route….stellar work!!

"It never gets easier, you just go faster." - Greg LeMond

http://www.myspace.com/readyrabbit :rocker:

Aug. 19, 2011, 3:41 p.m.

I had a great rip on Executioner today. I definitely share everyone's sentiments, the work looks fantastic. Big thanks to the builders!

Aug. 21, 2011, 10:19 p.m.

The rework on Executioner is first rate. Not black diamond right now, but as it wears in, it'll earn it's rating. You can see locations already where the edge is starting to fail and soft spots are causing alternate lines, but I'm sure this is what the builders will watch - what needs to be bolstered, what needs to be reworked. Right now it's a gloriously fun ride on real dirt.

I don't think DW is that blown out, but sure, it could use some work… especially with the additional traffic that it's likely going to start getting.

Nice job!

Sept. 2, 2011, 9:16 p.m.

Just an FYI. I came down Executioner tonight. About 2/3 of the way down there used to be a short steep slab type ramp off of a log crossing and drop. That ramp is now gone! Anyone expecting it to be there is in for a surprise. I can't tell if it was vandalism or done by the trail crew.