Dont screw with trails!!!!!

March 12, 2007, 8:50 a.m.

Why don't you two give each other a hug and realize you're on the same side. Ewan isn't going to kill anyone, he just has an angry way of expressing himself when he's pissed off, and I for one can appreciate his frustration, I know you can too John.

Do we really need to see which one of you can piss further on the internet?

March 12, 2007, 12:55 p.m.

And that's definitely sig worthy! What the hell does "eviscerating" mean?

Something along the lines of disemboweling

March 12, 2007, 12:59 p.m.

^^Got it Thanks.

March 12, 2007, 2:27 p.m.

christ. it's sarcasm guys.

You may be suggesting he's not serious - but that's not sarcasm.

Here are some examples of sarcasm from Wikipedia to clear this up.

An angry restaurant customer wanted a refund due to dislike of the food. The customer walks in, and says to the cashier, "This food is so great. I want a refund!"

In his birthday a man gets a tradeable gift. "Wow, I really love it, when can you guys go trade it for something else?"

March 12, 2007, 3:33 p.m.

apperently i have been told to speak up if i have an issue.
well i have an issue. People threatening people over the net, not smart. Yea i can sympathize, people altering your trail is shitty, but promotting violence against kids is really wrong and a really good way to draw attention from the kinda people you do not want attention from. and just a little side note, uttering threats is a Criminal offence in Canada, as this is a Canadian based site, you can be charged by the RCMP, and they would have no issue with getting all your info from NSMB( i.e IP addy-[HTML_REMOVED] ISP-[HTML_REMOVED] your home address). anyways, thats my two bits. And you may say they would not bother, but if a parent complaned or anyone for that matter, they probably would.

March 12, 2007, 6:11 p.m.

You may be suggesting he's not serious - but that's not sarcasm.

Here are some examples of sarcasm from Wikipedia to clear this up.

Yawn.

Slow day in your little corner of the Internet?

"It's, like, so much fun."

March 12, 2007, 6:35 p.m.

Actually it was sarcasm.

Disclaimer. Anything written above this should not be taken literally, its called sarcasm you idiots.

March 12, 2007, 10:22 p.m.

This is not the opinion of any of the Woodlot builders, the FVMBA or anyone else that I am aware of but an observation a friend (who doesn't ride) made while reading this thread.

If the Woodlot builders decided to move to secret and different mountains and build for themselves a couple trails to ride. What would happen? My friend pointed out that if the trails are illegal and on public land BUT built with an understanding between the land manager and the present builders, the responsible thing for the builders to do would be to let the land manager know that they were leaving. In turn, the manager could ask that the builders dismantle said trails that they built (at the Woodlot that would pretty much be every one of them except a couple.) This would pretty much end what the Woodlot has been.

What if the builders and the NSMBA decided to not donate their time and money into the fights for Seymour and Fromme? What if every builder decided to group together, build trails with a blood oath of secrecy and protect these "secret" trails with violence?

I know this is pretty far fetched but I for one, as a rider, would hate to see the builders around the province let the trails they built deteriorate or see them take them down, so they can build "secret" trails. Please everyone, before some builders say "F it!!!", realize that the commitment builders have to this sport and its development.

When you hit up a couple trail days a season (weather permitting) to show you care about the sport, make sure that you let the builders know how much they are appreciated as they are up there in all weather conditions a couple times a week, do not tell them they should build somewhere secret.

Sorry, getting carried away here.

Greg

hol-ee shit but that's a big hole :eek:

March 13, 2007, 12:08 a.m.

I don't understand what all the fuss is about here. Instead of whining about Ewans posts lets just give him some negative rep. I'm betting that will straighten the little bastard right out. Think how upset he will be when he logs on and sees all the negative rep. If that doesn't cause him to reflect on his inner angrer I don't know what will!!!

I lost my dictionary, so maybe you could tell me if my post meets this sites stringent sarcasm guidelines?

March 13, 2007, 8:58 a.m.

More then one builder has said "eff it" and either given up or just moved on to different places and/or different things.

A large part of the reason for doing so is the aholeness of riders and the consequent feeling among the builders that they are considered to be akin to a used toilet wipe

March 13, 2007, 9:07 a.m.

i think in part, it has to do w the sport being so young. this is still the first wave or two of freeriding. hopefully as the sport progresses and if people take on leadership roles and educate the masses, maybe we'll see some good come of it. here on the ssc its a love fest now. im hoping in the future that more communities will get on board. the worst is when its other riders f@cking with you. cmon peoples its hard work, show some love.

March 13, 2007, 9:30 a.m.

When you hit up a couple trail days a season (weather permitting) to show you care about the sport, make sure that you let the builders know how much they are appreciated as they are up there in all weather conditions a couple times a week, do not tell them they should build somewhere secret.

Well said Greg.

Except - What's weather got to do with it? The last couple SSC trail days were in downpours, with a really good turnout of people, young and old.

NSMBA trail days are rain or shine, although if it's really wet we might call it a day a little earlier than planned.

March 13, 2007, 9:57 a.m.

long live the code

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

March 13, 2007, 12:46 p.m.

Actually it was sarcasm.

Then you have no idea what the word means.

Yawn.

Slow day in your little corner of the Internet?

It's never slow in my corner of the internet. It's not so small either. :)

Language is important to me and when it is used improperly, poorly, stupidly or incorrectly it irks me. If you don't know what the word sarcasm means don't use it.

March 13, 2007, 12:59 p.m.

I'm with the builders on this.

Replace [alter trails] with [break into cars]/[steal bikes]/[smoke in non-smoking room]/[snowplow down a powder slope] etc.

So the folks who can only snow plow still and cant link turns should stay away from ski resorts when it has fresh snow? Im never going to alter a trail because it is above my skill level. I will walk around if i have to. Or ride some where else altogether. So i moslty agree with you. I would never tell some one to not enjoy fresh snow if they were a rookie, and could only snow plow. No one built the snow, it is natrual, and is there for EVERYONE to enjoy. Not 100% on topic, but thats my take on the snow side.

WTF, Over?