Della

Sept. 18, 2012, 3:45 p.m.

So 4 of us headed out to Della last weekend with saws, bikes and trials moto's with the intent to clear to the alpine.

Saturday two of us headed up on the moto's and get the cleared of windfall and such to the alpine with the exception of a one km section that is now a fire break.

On Sunday the 4 of us made an attempt at reaching the alpine with bikes by foot. One of the guys with us was a little fat and kinda slow so the rest of us laid down rocks and sticks to better mark the trail, we also cut back any face slappers.

The section that is now a fire break is about a km long and it really sucked to climb through with bikes, any point where we could see the old line we made piles of rocks to help reestablish the line. On the way down we free rode next to the fire break and it worked out pretty well.

Once we hit alpine the ridge got narrow and burly, we placed lots of rock and cleared more face slappers..

We made it up to the scramble with bikes and did the scramble on foot just to get to a highpoint so we could enjoy our "summit beer".

On the way up I didn't think we'd be able to ride a lot of it but with the work we did, we were able to ride 99% of it.

Anyways, the ridge is mind blowing and we plan on headed back next year to punch the trail through that fire break and to rake some of the alpine scree to make it a little more manageable…oh yeah, we're gonna heli it next.

transition bikes

Sept. 18, 2012, 4:18 p.m.

Did you guys go all the way up to the true summit?

Glad to hear someone went up and re-cleared the trail that connects to the alpine.

Chris Kelly made it passable back in 2008 the year we heli dropped it. Had heard that a section of the trail was lost to the fire break, I think the fire break section was below what Chris had opened up to connect to the alpine.

If Scott is still with CC Heli that is who dropped us off up there.

Some Della alpine inspiration.

Sept. 18, 2012, 4:34 p.m.

We made it up as high as your second pic and dropped in with bikes from your third pic. Four guys, a couple of saws and some dirt tools and the section f-ed by the fire break would be g2g, we just ran out of time.

transition bikes

Sept. 18, 2012, 4:36 p.m.

is Brant the fat one??

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

Sept. 29, 2012, 12:25 p.m.

good work guys! :beer:

I'm sure it will be much appreciated.

can't get enough of that sodium benzoate…

Sept. 30, 2012, 8:32 p.m.

Awesome work!

So stoked. how long did it take to get to your high point?

Oct. 1, 2012, 10:54 a.m.

sick stuff andrew, nice work!

Oct. 1, 2012, 5:24 p.m.

Awesome work!

So stoked. how long did it take to get to your high point?

4 hours, another build session out there and it could be a 5 hour push to the true summit I bet.

transition bikes

Oct. 2, 2012, 8:04 p.m.

That's rad. Awesome work!