delimma...read if you've built

March 31, 2004, 7:09 p.m.

Originally posted by BikerBoy21
there were allready ladders there, in the park, that arent being torn down and they have been there for ovre a year. and i was just seeing if it was a good idea from people who have bulit before, because i've built like stunts here and there buyt no lines of djs n shit so im sorry. fuckin i didnt know so i asked man.

He was not directing that at you.

March 31, 2004, 7:46 p.m.

Originally posted by ATN
He was not directing that at you.

oh, my bad. sry dude

April 1, 2004, 11:54 a.m.

so i take it you guys built more jumps in st eds?

remember what happened to 76? the only way to win the battle here in WA is to get permission BEFORE building. even if you build, get some serious backing, and then propose that the city allow it, you have proven to them that you dont think you need permission prior to building.

to them they most likely see it as "its easier to ask for forgiveness than ask for permission", and city officials dont like that type of thinking when there are potential lawsuits on the horizon.

jump em while you can, they will most likely be nuked :(

dear DW,
since you got like a million bucks now, can i borrow $2850 for a Revolt frame?

thanks,
steve

April 1, 2004, 12:40 p.m.

Thanks Ewan for your constructive feedback on the situation. There are riders up at Burke who are working to keep the trails mainly intact. No, they will not be nearly as imposing as some of the trails at the woodlot but they will be solidly constructed. Scott and his staff from parks are really trying to work with us to allow progressive trails for bike riders. Burke is a park yes but it has a long history of riding and parks have recognised that. Comparing it to Golden Ears is not an accurate or measurable comparison with the only similarity being that they are parks. And besides it seems like there is limit on the amount of builders welcome to build at the woodlot. Which I agree needs to happen to control quality and construction integrity.

There's no better way to get unwound than to go for a rip with your hound

April 1, 2004, 3:15 p.m.

what happend at a meeting for trail the subject of signs came up. apperently it goes alot deeper than just putting it up. there has to be trail checks and all the junk for liability. mind you thats for trails, so i dont know about parks.

as for atn showing trails. i dont agree at all. if they knew about all of it, they would have taken stuff down. but atn, why would you put yourself between the parks and the builders, knowing that there would be alot of angry people head hunting and blaming you.

i've said it once, i'll say it again. we cant cry over spilled milk. what will hapen will happen, no use getting worked up about it

yeah bro!!

April 1, 2004, 3:28 p.m.

Originally posted by LOBOTIDULATOR
as for atn showing trails. i dont agree at all. if they knew about all of it, they would have taken stuff down. but atn, why would you put yourself between the parks and the builders, knowing that there would be alot of angry people head hunting and blaming you.

The reason was given as just time… they had the fire season come in, then the torrential rains, so 03 was a writeoff for them. I don't like my position, but I have a vision that is attainable, my only choice is to make it happen. Keep in mind that it could of happened that they found them themselves, ripped them all out, and banned riding (though ineffectively).

There is no use crying over spilt milk, but you could say that I am now hungry for more milk.

April 1, 2004, 4:37 p.m.

i think you need to check your vision with the vision of the builders/riders

yeah bro!!