Dales WTF?

Oct. 8, 2013, 11:23 a.m.

You know what would end all of these threads?

How about the lscr lay it all out for Cam, Morgan and the rest of the crew,so they could write an article and post a sticky thread explaining the whole plan and process with regards to the trails falling under their jurisdiction. Explain the whole management process..all. Of it for the community to see. I hate what they are doing, but that doesn't matter anymore. People need a reference to go to so they can understand the process. What better place than here…what better time than now.

Why not sign up for the LSCR newsletter and educate yourself ? As someone who uses the area I signed up so I can stay informed of trail closures etc. Pretty simple solution.

from the last newsletter..

Mountain Bike Structure Decommissioning

Safety inspections of existing mountain bike structures on LSCR land are being conducted. Some mountain bike structures on popular LSCR trails (Ned’s, Dale’s, etc.) have reached their lifespan and may now present a safety hazard to users due to structural or surfacing deficiencies. Those structures deemed to be unsafe and beyond repair are being removed.

Decommission of Will’s Way
Due to poor alignment, extensive erosion and area trail-braiding, the upper section of Will’s Way Trail will be decommissioned. We are actively working in collaboration with the North Shore Mountain Bike Association (NSMBA) to create a sustainable trail network for all users.

Metro Vancouver Supporting the NSMBA Trail Adoption Program (TAP)
Metro Vancouver is supporting the North Shore Mountain Bike Association (NSMBA) in their commitment to trail maintenance and restoration. Please expect some work to be underway on the following trails this season within the LSCR: Ned’s, Bottle Top, Circuit-8 and Corkscrew. Please note that this work will include the removal of structures in unsatisfactory condition. Your patience is appreciated while this work is being carried out. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the NSMBA or LSCR staff at [email protected] or 604.432.6200.
Trail Adoption Plan (TAP)

"only the good riders wipe out on the easy stuff" - Heathen

Oct. 8, 2013, 12:01 p.m.

[QUOTE=heckler's better 1/2;2783366]Why not sign up for the LSCR newsletter and educate yourself ? As someone who uses the area I signed up so I can stay informed of trail closures etc. Pretty simple solution.

from the last newsletter..

Mountain Bike Structure Decommissioning

Safety inspections of existing mountain bike structures on LSCR land are being conducted. Some mountain bike structures on popular LSCR trails (Ned’s, Dale’s, etc.) have reached their lifespan and may now present a safety hazard to users due to structural or surfacing deficiencies. Those structures deemed to be unsafe and beyond repair are being removed.

Decommission of Will’s Way
Due to poor alignment, extensive erosion and area trail-braiding, the upper section of Will’s Way Trail will be decommissioned. We are actively working in collaboration with the North Shore Mountain Bike Association (NSMBA) to create a sustainable trail network for all users.

Metro Vancouver Supporting the NSMBA Trail Adoption Program (TAP)
Metro Vancouver is supporting the North Shore Mountain Bike Association (NSMBA) in their commitment to trail maintenance and restoration. Please expect some work to be underway on the following trails this season within the LSCR: Ned’s, Bottle Top, Circuit-8 and Corkscrew. Please note that this work will include the removal of structures in unsatisfactory condition. Your patience is appreciated while this work is being carried out. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the NSMBA or LSCR staff at [email][email protected][/email] or 604.432.6200.
Trail Adoption Plan (TAP)[/QUOTE]
Thank for this, I didn't know. I feeling bad for starting this thread now, the intent was not meant to bash others just wondering what was going on that's all.

http://www.epiccyclist.com/

Oct. 8, 2013, 12:15 p.m.

Thank for this, I didn't know. I feeling bad for starting this thread now, the intent was not meant to bash others just wondering what was going on that's all.

You shouldn't feel bad for asking a question.

Thx HB 1/2 for the excellent resource. I wonder if the lscr rep on this board could post a thread giving updates on where they're at on this online resource. Lots of folks come here seeking info and unfortunately get brow beat for asking honest questions and giving honest opinions.

Pastor of Muppets

Oct. 8, 2013, 1:13 p.m.

Why not email them and ask to get on the mailing list they already have going? That way our tax dollars aren't spent surfing NSMB and pink bike and MTBR….

(I bring up other BBs because I agree those users also need the info)

I'm sure the email sign up is somewhere close to this link, or definitely close to the LSCR contact info I first posted.

http://www.metrovancouver.org/mediaroom/Pages/MediaReleases.aspx

Oct. 8, 2013, 1:16 p.m.

So What about treated lumber ,or Creasote on buried Footings .This stuff is a hazzard to work with,and bad for the Enviroment.
Build it Burly with Gussets and Ceder Slats for Decking .
Some Bike parks mix Cement with dirt to help preserve the Sculpting.But what does Concrete contain Paint, Corrosive Chemicals,Silica dust.not only bad to breath but eats the finish on your bike if the acid is not rinsed off.

Volunteering to carry in cement? I'm not.

Oct. 8, 2013, 1:22 p.m.

Hell, the better halfs newsletter is straight off the LSCR site.

http://www.metrovancouver.org/services/parks_lscr/lscr/Pages/default.aspx

Oct. 8, 2013, 1:27 p.m.

Perhaps needless "stunts" are a relic of a bygone era, perhaps more riders are interested in trails without them than there are riders willing to work on them?

My personal opinion is that there are many more important things to work on in the trail system that take higher priority over replacing "stunts".

this is exactly how i feel too..

Oct. 8, 2013, 1:48 p.m.

this is exactly how i feel too..

To expand on this I don't think the younger generation are going to come in and rebuild it either. I think they would rather see dirt jumps/A-Line/Bobsled style trails.

Evolution of tastes.

Oct. 8, 2013, 1:55 p.m.

bike parks and places w the money to maintain structures are awesome!

realistically nobody loves working on those old rotten structures…90 % of the time i just remove them , make a decent ground line and carry on..

Oct. 8, 2013, 2:02 p.m.

What ???

no more memories being made while hammering chicken wire on wooden stunt with Uncle Duke ?

"only the good riders wipe out on the easy stuff" - Heathen

Oct. 8, 2013, 2:43 p.m.

Those of you being dicks should be ashamed of yourselves. And those whining about 'dumbing down' haven't even bothered to clear deadfall off the preserved original line on Expresso. The same people who took the time to write on stunts with a sharpie giving us instructions (keep this, fix this etc.) haven't lifted a finger to maintain the line they apparently loved so much. It's there, it would be rideable if someone took the time to clear the deadfall, but the haters would rather just hate and complain than do any work.

Cam - You are offside in this comment.

You have the permit for the trail and clearing the dead fall is in your court. If you have no interest, time or expertise to do it, the ownest is on you to contact the DNV or the NSMBA and have them arrange it's clearing. The general riding public does not have authority to go up to do this kind of stuff without permission from the landowner (especially when it's big stuff).

A final though, why would someone you insult come and help you on your trail?

Oct. 8, 2013, 3:22 p.m.

You are welcome to think that but I'm certain I'm safely on side.

We heard loud and clear from you and others that people didn't want us to change the character of the trail. So we left it. We haven't changed it, dumbed it down, nor dumbed it up. We've hardly even walked it. And we're not going to touch it. I guess you meant onus? Anyway we have made a line that is an alternative so those who yelled so loudly to have the line preserved could have their wishes come true. You can be sure that nobody from the district nor any riders would object to anyone repairing the aging stunts etc. But that hasn't happened.

I also didn't insult those who haven't lifted a finger aside from using it to push a sharpie and offensively giving us directions on stunts (you I presume). I was directing that comment at those people who were being offensive to Morgan who has done nothing to deserve it. Unless you consider me calling them whiners an insult. If that's the case your skin isn't thick enough for the internet.

Cam - You are offside in this comment.

You have the permit for the trail and clearing the dead fall is in your court. If you have no interest, time or expertise to do it, the ownest is on you to contact the DNV or the NSMBA and have them arrange it's clearing. The general riding public does not have authority to go up to do this kind of stuff without permission from the landowner (especially when it's big stuff).

A final though, why would someone you insult come and help you on your trail?

Oct. 8, 2013, 3:47 p.m.

Two days of rain and everyone's already grouchy?

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Oct. 8, 2013, 3:47 p.m.

right on, Cam

Oct. 8, 2013, 3:50 p.m.

You need a permit to clear deadfall? Seriously?