Dales WTF?

Oct. 6, 2013, 10:40 p.m.

We understand. You don't know wtf you're talking about as usual and your embarassed. Try some reading http://www.rbs.ca/newsroom-publications-Wild-game-of-occupiers-liability.html

you're embarrassed

Ride, don't slide.

Oct. 7, 2013, 9:37 a.m.

I do miss the old Dales, that trail was sweet. I guess I should hit the old stock quickly before it all get taken down!

The 3 foot mud bogs and slippery/broken wood work was so much fun! Circus and GMG should be epic right now.

Apparently the ramp is going to be replaced.

:canada:

Oct. 7, 2013, 10:54 a.m.

http://www.rbs.ca/newsroom-publications-Wild-game-of-occupiers-liability.html

Could someone please rep Werniequ for me? That article was very informative.

It is nice to read an informed interpretation. I find too many of the members here use hearsay as the basis of their argument/justification as to why trails get changed to suit their personal preference.

To clarify I am not attacking anyone. This is just an observation that I have noticed in all the threads of this type.

Oct. 7, 2013, 12:47 p.m.

Mmmm Dales.

Oct. 7, 2013, 1:18 p.m.

Sort of… But not entirely true. The act makes the user (mountain biker) responsible for all risks when using public land for recreational purposes if no fee is charged to use the land.

^^^ Correct and very important statement.

The "no fee, no liability" exception was added to the OLA (or whatever the similar law was called in respective provinces) and was critical to the building of the Trans-Canada Trail. Without it, private landowners were not willing to allow the TCT to cross their property.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Oct. 7, 2013, 3:17 p.m.

Could someone please rep Werniequ for me? That article was very informative.

It is nice to read an informed interpretation. I find too many of the members here use hearsay as the basis of their argument/justification as to why trails get changed to suit their personal preference.

To clarify I am not attacking anyone. This is just an observation that I have noticed in all the threads of this type.

figured I would put out some facts since some people who are supposed to be informed keep spewing about what they don't know crap about.

seems to be if riders want stunts they have to push the landowners, If what morgman is saying the landowers are saying is true theyr just trying to push the nsmab around so they don't have to deal with stunts.

formally wernie

Oct. 7, 2013, 4:06 p.m.

figured I would put out some facts since some people who are supposed to be informed keep spewing about what they don't know crap about.

I missed the part where Morgan stated that he's an expert on law related to cycling and public land. Anyhow. Sweet linkin' bro.

Oct. 7, 2013, 4:34 p.m.

I missed the part where Morgan stated that he's an expert on law related to cycling and public land. Anyhow. Sweet linkin' bro.

ok morgman doesn't know what hes talking about. Thanks for confirming that!

formally wernie

Oct. 7, 2013, 7:26 p.m.

Oh man. You're just the worst kind of human being, aren't you? You could add one little tiny sentence to what Morgan wrote and it would be correct. But no, Internet troll lawyer has to come along and throw shit all over everybody.

You're the reason why people don't bother doing things. You're the reason why people hate bulletin boards. I just can't even believe how much I hate this smart assed Internet persona that you've created. Hopefully you're not such an asshole in real life. Yes. I know I'm feeding the troll.

Oct. 7, 2013, 7:40 p.m.

You know what would end all of these threads?

How about the lscr lay it all out for Cam, Morgan and the rest of the crew,so they could write an article and post a sticky thread explaining the whole plan and process with regards to the trails falling under their jurisdiction. Explain the whole management process..all. Of it for the community to see. I hate what they are doing, but that doesn't matter anymore. People need a reference to go to so they can understand the process. What better place than here…what better time than now.

Pastor of Muppets

Oct. 7, 2013, 7:43 p.m.

Metro is one of the few land managers that is OK with new structures being built, but the only way to accomplish this is through the official channels. Have a search for the (very similar) thread about the Neds a-frame.

Perhaps Morgman is wrong with his interpretation of the OLA…but this is the important part.

If you want the rotting structure they removed to be replaced…you apply to rebuild it to a certain standard. Don't sit here and say "they ought to do something about that". Seems pretty logical to me.

Oct. 7, 2013, 8:09 p.m.

ok morgman doesn't know what hes talking about. Thanks for confirming that!

Dude, settle down. You're making the Internet look bad.

-- Founder of Abit Gear MTB shorts --

Oct. 7, 2013, 8:29 p.m.

If you want the rotting structure they removed to be replaced…you apply to rebuild it to a certain standard. Don't sit here and say "they ought to do something about that". Seems pretty logical to me.

… They are just tired of rebuilding stunts they are too old to bother riding. So yeah, there needs to be some more you in the equation

Oct. 7, 2013, 9:51 p.m.

You know what would end all of these threads?

How about the lscr lay it all out for Cam, Morgan and the rest of the crew,so they could write an article and post a sticky thread explaining the whole plan and process with regards to the trails falling under their jurisdiction. Explain the whole management process..all. Of it for the community to see. I hate what they are doing, but that doesn't matter anymore. People need a reference to go to so they can understand the process. What better place than here…what better time than now.

Hey, yeah….maybe we'll work on that,because this issue coming up again and again likely means that the ridership doesn't understand the process the stakeholders must undertake to manage their lands.

Good idea Tackle….thanks for not just making sarcastic inflammatory remarks this time around!

Pastor of Muppets

Oct. 7, 2013, 10:12 p.m.

what's the point. haters gonna hate. builders gonna build what they wanna build. whiners gonna whine. mountain bikers gonna douche up the backcountry and generally be tools.