Dale's Trail (lower) closed Saturday May 30th for trail day

May 28, 2015, 3:09 p.m.

Norco John Henry Bikes is hosting a trail day on Dale's, this Saturday, May 30th.
The trail will be closed from about 9 am - 3 pm.
Cheers!

May 29, 2015, 10:25 p.m.

What time and where do we meet if we want to help out?

May 29, 2015, 10:59 p.m.

saw something somewhere that said 9am at mushroom lot

May 29, 2015, 11:17 p.m.

Yes, 9 am at the Mushroom lot, thanks!

June 1, 2015, 11:37 a.m.

So, who won that sweet sweet carbon Aurum frame? :)

June 9, 2015, 11:27 a.m.

How does the the work done on this trail day fit in with the machine built work being started by Metro Van today? What's the plan for the trail?

June 9, 2015, 11:46 a.m.

How does the the work done on this trail day fit in with the machine built work being started by Metro Van today? What's the plan for the trail?

The trail day was on lower Dale's (primary work areas were just above the exit onto the power lines, and on the ride-around for the rock face. The main focus was water management (adding drainage, creating outslope, etc..). A summary and some pics are here: http://nsmba.ca/content/2015-06_dale%E2%80%99s-public-trail-day-may-30th

As far as I know, Metro will only be working on only the upper section. There was a fair bit of damage from very heavy rains this past winter. But what exactly Metro will do, I'm not sure, sorry.

To provide feedback and share your comments directly with Metro Vancouver, email: [email protected] and cc: [email protected]

Cheers,
Penny

June 9, 2015, 12:30 p.m.

The trail day was on lower Dale's (primary work areas were just above the exit onto the power lines, and on the ride-around for the rock face. The main focus was water management (adding drainage, creating outslope, etc..). A summary and some pics are here: http://nsmba.ca/content/2015-06_dale%E2%80%99s-public-trail-day-may-30th

As far as I know, Metro will only be working on only the upper section. There was a fair bit of damage from very heavy rains this past winter. But what exactly Metro will do, I'm not sure, sorry.

To provide feedback and share your comments directly with Metro Vancouver, email: [email protected] and cc: [email protected]

Cheers,
Penny

Thanks Penny. I sent my comments and questions.

Perhaps there are things going on I don't know about, but my impression is that Metro Van could be doing better on public consultation and transparency/communication with the public.

June 9, 2015, 1:01 p.m.

Perhaps there are things going on I don't know about, but my impression is that Metro Van could be doing better on public consultation and transparency/communication with the public.

they certainly could be, seems they really don't care though.

June 10, 2015, 7:25 a.m.

Rode Dales last night. Great fun. The top section is a little rough but forces you to pick your line.

The lower sections was great. Haven't rode the lower section in a while, so not 100% certain on what work was done. The switchbacks as you get close to the power lines were very loose and silty from being dried out. As much fun as it would have been to slide around those corners with the back brake locked, I resisted and did my best not to lock up once and keep as much of the dirt on the trail.

Thanks to the who were out fixing the broken bits on the trail. The trails are so very good right now.

June 12, 2015, 3:30 p.m.

I got this reply from LSCR regarding the concerns I sent them:

"Thanks for taking the time to contact us.

In regards to your email, the NSMBA was notified of this work and a site visit took place to discuss all aspects of the project.

As you know, the LSCR is home to many kilometers of active mountain bike trails and we are exploring new options to assist with long term sustainability, environmental protection, and user enjoyment. This is a pilot project to determine the role machines may play in our trail network in the future.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again with any further questions or concerns.

Thank you."