Cypress Sex Girl - Alternate Exit

Feb. 14, 2020, 8:19 a.m.

Lets have a moment of silence for the original exit of Sex Girl but be happy that we can still ride 95% of the trail.

If you have ridden SG in the last year, you would not have missed the amount of construction at the bottom of the trail as you approach Cypress Bowl Road in the area of the step up.

To allow riders to ride lower SG but not enter the construction zone, an alternate exit was cut just uphill of the zone in 2019. Unfortunately, a recent change to the surveying/plans for the road that is being put in that immediate area warrants another change as it impacts that exit.

As you approach now, you will see on riders right a NEW Alternate Exit that is about 50m higher up the hill than the previous exit. You need to take that because the trail below that is now officially closed and will be fenced off (if it isnt already). The construction is fierce and its not safe to have riders in that area (or fair to the workers in that area), plus, its not worth the slog through the construction - there is nothing left of the lower trail to ride anyways so take the new ride out - LOAM!!!!! I have heard from those who have ridden it that it works well.

Losing the step up is a bummer BUT SG is still the same above the new exit and I think that we should all consider that a win. Thankfully we didnt lose lower SG - just the bottom few feet of it.

Enjoy your Cypress ripping! There are certainly some changes in the area of the first switchback but its still glorious - suns out - go ride Cypress.

Feb. 14, 2020, 9:43 a.m.

it's funny so few people ride Cypress....  insane trails there but I guess because it's not dumbed down for the masses.

Feb. 14, 2020, 10:03 a.m.

Posted by: LoamtoHome

it's funny so few people ride Cypress....  insane trails there but I guess because it's not dumbed down for the masses.

Shhh!

Feb. 14, 2020, 11:33 a.m.

Gods I fucking hate thAt construction. Thanks for the updates Ddean.

Feb. 14, 2020, 12:48 p.m.

Yes change from the status quo isn’t my favorite idea either but, given the circumstances, I’m happy that the changes are minimized as much as possible. 

Actually, the changes are terrible - don’t ride Cypress!!!!

Feb. 14, 2020, 5:37 p.m.

The impact of the Upper Mountain Path has been with us a while. The new U-shaped road was a bit of a surprise, but it's made for a more interesting section of trail.

More changes will come as Cypress Village gets underway. Pay attention to the planning process, especially when the public consultation happens.

Feb. 18, 2020, 12:48 p.m.

Thread drift, but I have only done DH bike shuttle riding at Cypress (on the upper east trails, Meat Sweats, Jersey, Mystery DH etc)... what's a good pedal loop for a trail bike that is not too wild? Single black tech kind of stuff would be good.

Last edited by: grambo on Feb. 18, 2020, 12:48 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Feb. 18, 2020, 1:06 p.m.

Posted by: grambo

Thread drift, but I have only done DH bike shuttle riding at Cypress (on the upper east trails, Meat Sweats, Jersey, Mystery DH etc)... what's a good pedal loop for a trail bike that is not too wild? Single black tech kind of stuff would be good.

Up BLT to works yard. Down Blind Skier, Slippery Canoe, Pull Tab, Upper Tall Cans, Wutang. One of my favourite loops on the Shore except that the BLT climb sucks!

Feb. 18, 2020, 11:57 p.m.

Yeah that’s a good lap but I’d sneak off of Blind Skier to SGS and then to Slippery. 

Instead of Upper Tall Cans (which is one of my fav all time trails) you can also hit Roach Clip and then go do Roach Hit.

Feb. 19, 2020, 11:03 a.m.

I like to pedal up and do one of the fast east side DH trails, then pedal one switchback up the road and drop into slippery canoe - pull tab - upper tall cans - wutang, or dirty harry - roach clip - lower tall cans for something harder.

March 13, 2020, 3:30 p.m.

Posted by: D_C_

I like to pedal up and do one of the fast east side DH trails, then pedal one switchback up the road and drop into slippery canoe - pull tab - upper tall cans - wutang, or dirty harry - roach clip - lower tall cans for something harder.

How long does the road climb take you on a mountain bike to the DH trails?

Thanks for the suggestions guys, will get out there one weekend soon.

March 14, 2020, 10:07 a.m.

It’s an hour-ish at mountain bike cruising climbing speed.

The east side - west side pedalling lap was about 700 - 800 m ish of climbing.