CBC structure removal

July 28, 2011, 8:07 p.m.

And the other reality of the situation is that as much as I would love to see the gerbil cage live on, tax dollars can't be spent on rebuilding stuff like that when there are plenty of trail projects to work on that EVERYBODY uses, not just the top 20% of mountain bikers.

July 28, 2011, 9:06 p.m.

And the other reality of the situation is that as much as I would love to see the gerbil cage live on, tax dollars can't be spent on rebuilding stuff like that when there are plenty of trail projects to work on that EVERYBODY uses, not just the top 20% of mountain bikers.

Appreciate your work, and for keeping us updated.

I have to say that there is NO way that I'm in the "top 20% of mountain bikers"….and I always ride the gerbil cage. I've never NOT tried it, even when I was literally on my first time down CBC…and I was a total newby back then.

So, I hope that this section will get a rebuild….and I'd love to help out if someone is going to lead (I'm not experienced at trail work)

I understand that it isn't a mandatory part of the trail…but it does extend the ride a bit… and if you manage to clean the whole section, including the swamp log, its a nice mojo boost.

July 29, 2011, 4:11 p.m.

Nice work on the exit bridge. Nothing like the smell of fresh cedar as you finish CBC. :grinno:

July 29, 2011, 4:20 p.m.

liability ruins fun

July 29, 2011, 7:27 p.m.

lawsuits ruin fun

July 29, 2011, 9:07 p.m.

Imajined liability ruins fun

Got precident?

Didn't think so,but municipal lawyers don't pay much attention to little things like the Occupiers liability act,so the boogeymanb is still out there in the woods I suppose.

Pastor of Muppets

July 30, 2011, 8:17 a.m.

Oh yea, and dont leave your garbage laying around on the mountain. Pack it in, pack it out. Take a look around that area next time you ride it…it's disgusting. And the red bull pile at the top of the trail? please.

C'mon people, I mean seriously. Leaving garbage around ruins it for everyone [HTML_REMOVED] gives mtn. bikers a bad name. Cleaning up after yourself is easy to do, so do it.

Thread killer

July 30, 2011, 8:28 a.m.

C'mon people, I mean seriously. Leaving garbage around ruins it for everyone [HTML_REMOVED] gives mtn. bikers a bad name. Cleaning up after yourself is easy to do, so do it.

exactly. i cleaned up a bunch of crap at the top of bobsled the other night. I figure a bunch of garbage laying around is all the fuel monica needs for another one of her irrational rants.

July 30, 2011, 8:35 a.m.

To the idiots that leave broken beer bottles at the top of Pipeline: get fucked

July 30, 2011, 12:48 p.m.

if you bring it in, take it out. Your mother doesn't ride there. (probably)

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

July 31, 2011, 9:07 p.m.

Took a quick hike on Executioner the other day with my wife. we wanted to see the work done by DNV. Props to the great work. HUGE thumbs down for the sandwich suran wrap X2 we picked up . and the two granola bar wrapers. Not pointing a finger at the builders. just at anyone who left that crap there.

Aug. 3, 2011, 3:49 p.m.

someone should put up a before and after shot of the gerbil cage. That swamp was destroyed by us bikers falling in it all the time.

can't get enough of that sodium benzoate…

Aug. 3, 2011, 4:08 p.m.

you mean like this?

http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=97572

Aug. 3, 2011, 7:08 p.m.

Tax Dollars??? What are you talking about? The city does not build the trails on the Shore to my knowledge with the exception of a few of the gravel hiking trails…Old Buck and such. I don't believe that Metro Vancouver builds features or supplies the tools or materials to build such features. So what Tax dollars are you refering too?

Aug. 3, 2011, 7:19 p.m.

Stop with all the question marks and go back to page 1

flickr