Cambodia decommissioned

July 28, 2015, 9:49 p.m.

Metro even has a map on their site that shows the bottom of the trail:
http://www.metrovancouver.org/services/parks/PublishingImages/LSCR-FMandBottleTopTrail.png

Yep, saw that map a while back. All I had to do was hike up that trail, which I had been on before several times over the years. But there's some confusion as you get higher.

There's probably a map on trailforks too.

Anyway, by process of elimination there are not many options.

--

SixZeroSixOne

Good job I took a screen shot of that post before it was deleted!!
Im off exploring this weekend :-)

Sure… Nobody said what I wrote was correct. I don't know either.
Maybe Google had time to cache it too. Maybe even Internet Archive.

July 28, 2015, 9:51 p.m.

sounds like it's a legit trail if it's on their maps. guess they just didn't want the wood work in but good to ride otherwise?

July 28, 2015, 10:13 p.m.

Probably not the first trail most people think about in this zone, but re-opening Bottletop would be cool. My little grom loves that trail, nice step up from high school trail.

July 28, 2015, 10:37 p.m.

sounds like it's a legit trail if it's on their maps. guess they just didn't want the wood work in but good to ride otherwise?

Looked OK to me when I was on it a week ago. If you are up to it. Too advanced for me.

But on the section of trail parallel near Boulder Creek, that's where there's two main bridges that have been destroyed intentionally by LSCR staff. I've already mentioned this in a previous post.

See a reply to this previous post here.

July 28, 2015, 10:39 p.m.

note that DNV council member Robin Hicks sits on the utilities committee which oversees the LSCR.

http://www.dnv.org/our-government/councillor-robin-hicks

you can direct comments and questions to councillor Hicks at [email protected]

changed the link

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

July 28, 2015, 10:48 p.m.

note that DNV council member Robin Hicks sits on the utilities committee which oversees the LSCR.

http://www.dnv.org/our-government/co...or-robin-hicks

you can direct comments and questions to councillor Hicks at [email protected]

The dnv link is not working anymore.
But thanks for the info.

July 28, 2015, 10:56 p.m.

The dnv link is not working anymore.
But thanks for the info.

weird…

it came from this page:
http://www.dnv.org/our-government/mayor-and-council

which is working and links to this page which i can see:
http://www.dnv.org/our-government/councillor-robin-hicks

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Aug. 12, 2015, 6:27 p.m.

I think we should send a barrage of angry emails to Mike Mayer about how pissed we are that our tax dollars are being spent destroying our recreation.

Aug. 13, 2015, 1:46 p.m.

I think we should send a barrage of angry emails to Mike Mayer about how pissed we are that our tax dollars are being spent destroying our recreation.

What's his email address?

Aug. 13, 2015, 1:48 p.m.

Who is Mike mayer?

Waynes world guy?

Pastor of Muppets

Aug. 13, 2015, 2:04 p.m.

There is a person in charge of the LSCR but his name is not on the website as far as I can tell. Might still be Mike Mayers, [email protected] (as of 2014).

I think Mike Mayers calls the shots.

Aug. 13, 2015, 7:53 p.m.

Burma is a little fresh, but running nicely.

Aug. 17, 2015, 1:26 p.m.

This is what I emailed him today:

"Mike Mayers,

I've noticed Metro Vancouver crews have been more active in the last few years in decommissioning trails such as Aftertaste, Gnomer, Lola, and Cambodia. Can you shed some light on the overall plan here? As a taxpayer in the District of North Vancouver, I feel that decommissioning these trails takes away from the ability of the community to recreate locally. You've also denied the local trail association, the NSMBA, the ability to maintain trails autonomously, despite their proven ability to build safe trails and work with land managers (ie. DNV, Fromme). Trails such as CBC are in desperate need of maintenance, it is in the best interest of the community to allow for work to be done by the NSMBA. Sincerely,

Kevin Johnstone"

I don't expect him to act on it, he might not even read it. But I'm counting on the squeaky wheel principle here.

Aug. 17, 2015, 1:48 p.m.

"Mike Mayers,

I've noticed Metro Vancouver crews have been more active in the last few years in decommissioning trails such as Aftertaste, Gnomer, Lola, and Cambodia. Can you shed some light on the overall plan here? As a taxpayer in the District of North Vancouver, I feel that decommissioning these trails takes away from the ability of the community to recreate locally. You've also denied the local trail association, the NSMBA, the ability to maintain trails autonomously, despite their proven ability to build safe trails and work with land managers (ie. DNV, Fromme). Trails such as CBC are in desperate need of maintenance, it is in the best interest of the community to allow for work to be done by the NSMBA. Sincerely,

Kevin Johnstone"

I don't expect him to act on it, he might not even read it. But I'm counting on the squeaky wheel principle here.

nice job!

Ellen Langer

Aug. 17, 2015, 2:29 p.m.

"Mike Mayers,

Kevin Johnstone"

Well said Kever.

Your 0.02 opinion is worthless. Since Feb 2013, pennies have to be rounded down. Sorry.