Cambodia decommissioned

July 22, 2015, 1:35 p.m.

Some bad news, cambodia has been decommissioned. all woodwork, bridges, trannys, jumps, lips have been taken out. parts of the trail have been removed so you must get off your bike, its certainly not worth riding anymore, unfortunately. i guess we could have seen this coming.

July 22, 2015, 1:41 p.m.

Some bad news, cambodia has been decommissioned. all woodwork, bridges, trannys, jumps, lips have been taken out. parts of the trail have been removed so you must get off your bike, its certainly not worth riding anymore, unfortunately. i guess we could have seen this coming.

that is unfortunate but i wouldn't have seen it coming seeing as metro had this trail listed on their maps.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

July 22, 2015, 1:57 p.m.

Yeah that was odd. I was wondering why they listed it on the map regarding the new Seymour bridge. I wonder if it has something to do with the recent injury? Those maps were made well before that unfortunate incident.

July 22, 2015, 1:59 p.m.

Could it have something to do with the very recent incident?

http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=162307

www.muddbunnies.com
www.nsmba.ca
www.bteamlovesyou.com

you can always make more money but you can never make more time.

I think it's called work for a reason. Or else they probably would have called it fun-time at the fun factory.

July 22, 2015, 2:06 p.m.

Could it have something to do with the very recent incident?

http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=162307

I hope that was not the knee-jerk reaction to a rider being hurt. As someone noted on other thread, do we close down our high-ways and local streets when there is a car accident, or shut down businesses when an accident happens.

If that was the case we would need to shut-down most of Surrey. How many shooting "accidents" have occurred this year alone.

Hopefully the rider that was hurt a short-while ago on Cambodia is continuing to recover and doing as well as can be. That said I would be very surprised if the rider was blaming the trail for his/her injuries.

The whole liability thing drives my nuts. It's like we are trying to be so PC that we react to what we think might happen.

July 22, 2015, 2:12 p.m.

Comments to [email protected]

July 22, 2015, 3:12 p.m.

…As someone noted on other thread, do we close down our high-ways and local streets when there is a car accident, or shut down businesses when an accident happens…

Exactly…Hwy 1 crossing over Capilano should have been shut down years ago….same with the Hwy 99 to Whistler.

Hopefully the rider that was hurt a short-while ago on Cambodia is continuing to recover and doing as well as can be. That said I would be very surprised if the rider was blaming the trail for his/her injuries.

He is home now [HTML_REMOVED] recovering…apparently doing relatively well (despite the removal of his spleen). From a couple of sources, he is very experienced rider and has been on Cambodia before so was/is familiar with the lay of the land. Not likely to misplace consequences on the trail.

July 22, 2015, 4:07 p.m.

I hope that was not the knee-jerk reaction to a rider being hurt. As someone noted on other thread, do we close down our high-ways and local streets when there is a car accident, or shut down businesses when an accident happens.

No but intersections do get lights or reconfigured like the south end of the Burrard Bridge because accidents occur too frequently.

Maybe they didn't really know the nature of the trail and inspected it after the accident and some one got all concerned and had it removed. Who knows.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

July 22, 2015, 4:14 p.m.

I think it was on the chopping block for a while. (Despite being on that map) This might have just sped it up. They were busy decommissioning other trails on Seymour and just hadn't got to Cambodia.

July 22, 2015, 4:39 p.m.

Love the logic that Cambodia was causing environmental damage and must be shutdown, but it's OK to run an excavator down Upper Dales and remove a whole swath of forest. I'm all for environmental protection, but what a load of BS.

July 22, 2015, 5:22 p.m.

Is that seriously the sign that's up on Cambodia? That's the same sign that was up on Gnomer when they decommissioned it. So basically they're calling any trail they decommission unsustainable, and laying a guilt trip about reallocation of resources, as if this 15+ year old trail popped up as some rogue initiative out of nowhere that had to be immediately dealt with.

July 22, 2015, 5:40 p.m.

No thats the sign from Gnomer.

July 22, 2015, 6:07 p.m.

Shame to see that happen. All that's left on Seymour now is Boogieman.

Thread killer

July 22, 2015, 7:52 p.m.

Love the logic that Cambodia was causing environmental damage and must be shutdown, but it's OK to run an excavator down Upper Dales and remove a whole swath of forest. I'm all for environmental protection, but what a load of BS.

Exactly. Who the he'll is in charge of how my tax dollars get spent over there? They are working at crossed purposes all over the place.

July 22, 2015, 9:15 p.m.

And how about a giant 70 car parking lot? did that not cause any environmental damage?

This really pisses me off, why don't we all just stay at home in our bubbles and nobody gets hurt. It's mountain biking, there's trail designations for a reason, everyone knows a black diamond or double black is going to be fucking hard, and ya you might take a few risks to progress your riding, that's the whole fun of it! it feels like more and more the fun is being taken away. Yea yea I know, there's still plenty of challenging and fun trails to ride out there, but Cambodia was a thing of beauty and a hell of a challenge. And now to hear that it's been destroyed is really discouraging, I was looking forward to riding it a few more times this summer.