Burnaby Mountain Trail Day (Sat. June 7th)

June 3, 2008, 1:35 p.m.

The first Burnaby Mountain trail day of 2008 is on Sat. June 7th. We will be working on the new Gear Jammer trail.
More Info: http://www.bmba.ca/content/trailday/2008/gear-jammer

June 3, 2008, 6:09 p.m.

We're getting things underway at 8:30 am at the North Rd parking area.
BBQ lunch supplied. We're buffing a new 300 feet of trail connecting the new Gearjammer to Uppercut. As this section is in the Cardiac Classic we're hopping to get a lot of racers out. Gonna be good to meet the West Coast Racing group and move some dirt.

We had some great turnouts to our traildays last year and we're looking forward seeing everyone out this year too!

June 3, 2008, 10:52 p.m.

hells ya! all you shuttlers out there that have been riding bby mtn all winter since the closure of cbc (and we know you're out there), come out and give some love back to the trails. hey we'll even feed you, what more could you want :D

June 5, 2008, 11:04 a.m.

If I can get there (lack of transport) then i'm game, did some work on CBC last night, great bunch of people, glad to put some sweat back on the trails. I'm in pemberton heights at the mo ina b[HTML_REMOVED]b, but am looking for a bikers floor to crash on. Can anyone give me a lift/happy to ride somewhere to meet up?

June 5, 2008, 4:08 p.m.

I feel like crap. :(

I've been riding up there all Spring, and Saturday morning my kid and I have a BMX race in Squamish.

I'll have to try and get out to the next one. Or can I just send a bit of money to donate for beer…erm…supplies?

***Disclaimer: this post is in no way, shape, or form intended to insult anybody, anything, any animal, any lifeform, or non lifeform, or otherwise, of any kind.

June 7, 2008, 10:31 p.m.

don't worry about it Dude, just come out to the next one :D
we had a great day, got a lot accomplished, i'd say around 30 people showed up and i'm really happy with all that got done. we now have a nice new ending to the gearjammer trail! that leads you over to lower snake. it even has a nice new a-frame :eek:

unfortunately i was too tired to ride the trail after working on it :( the trail needs bedding in ie riders so people please check it out.

oh and props to nsride for taking care of the lunch! mmm cookies.

June 8, 2008, 6:01 a.m.

the trail needs bedding in ie riders so people please check it out.

OK, I'll do my part. ;)

I'll get out to one of these one of thes days. Thanks once again to all the volleys!

***Disclaimer: this post is in no way, shape, or form intended to insult anybody, anything, any animal, any lifeform, or non lifeform, or otherwise, of any kind.

June 8, 2008, 10:18 a.m.

It was a great day. We just got some photos up on our site. We will be adding some more during the week so keep checking back.

http://www.bmba.ca/content/events/gear-jammer-upper-cut-trail-day

June 9, 2008, 8:32 a.m.

Rode it this morning- very nice work indeed.

This appears to be a permanent re-route- am I right? Is the singletrack DH section full of baby heads now closed?

I like this new section for the XC / AM guy in me.

I guess they'll be using this for the Cadiac Race. Personally, a bit disappointed, as it takes away one of the very few advantages I have on that course- a somewhat gnarly and fast DH section. Oh well…still a technically tough section for some XC pinners.

June 9, 2008, 8:42 a.m.

Cool stuff - see http://www.bmba.ca/index.php?q=gallery[HTML_REMOVED]g2_itemId=684

June 9, 2008, 9:02 a.m.

This appears to be a permanent re-route- am I right? Is the singletrack DH section full of baby heads now closed?

i'm not sure but i believe the singletrack is still open - there should have been a sign at the fork to the new trail. and yes this new trail is the track to be used for the cardiac challenge. the alternate entrance to uppercut (further down) is closed, as well as some other small offshoot trails.

June 9, 2008, 10:16 a.m.

I like this new section for the XC / AM guy in me.

I guess they'll be using this for the Cadiac Race. Personally, a bit disappointed, as it takes away one of the very few advantages I have on that course- a somewhat gnarly and fast DH section. Oh well…still a technically tough section for some XC pinners.

For now the the DH rock section will remain open. New section will need some time to settle in and most likely need some touch up in certain areas.

June 9, 2008, 8:26 p.m.

My first SFU trail day was pretty sweet although I still feel the pain from
hauling the timbers up Gear Jammer (rock path) Trail. Thanks to Dino, Bryan
and the rest of the BMBA for getting such a great piece of trail added.
According the your website next trail day is not until September yet one of
the directors was mentioning you may try for something sooner, anything
further on this?